Who still uses D1 and What is catching your eye?

monsterpt

Reaction score
I am actually a little nervous here. This is the first time in years that I am sitting on an upgrade without using it for months. I have a one year contract cuz I am such a phone geek. I too am waiting on dual processors and higher rez. Maybe one of the new flexible amoled screens to be integrated.

Come on guys give us the phone of the future! I want to talk to it like a personal assistant and have it make my coffe, get my lunch and perform all my typing.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Nick177th

Reaction score
Same boat as most in here. Still happy with D1 enough to not want to waste upgrade on current line-up. My next device will be the Motorola Etna not a fan of HTC so I wont be purchasing anything from that manufacturer.

Samsung or LG may surprise me but that remains to be seen. One thing is for sure. A new crop of great phones is on the way next year that will be worth the upgrade. I'm not into incremental upgrades so here I am with my D1 : )

Sent from my Droid

I've had had devices from Moto, LG, and Samsung. Never had a problem out of any of them. The OG Droid is definitely a Beast. I posted earlier that the T2 and the INC HD were the only phones that made me think about upgrading. Actually, I should've said the only two devices that caught my eye. I have NEVER thought about upgrading.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
I would say just the droid 2 global. However the upcoming release of lte sounds intriguing, and besides, I want to see what this community and xda can do with the droid 2 global, because it really does sound sweet.

Droidforums.net appified!

Reaction score
Well, have had my D1 since October 2009, and have been rooted since September and I love it. My D1 has even been to Afghanistan with me!
Anyways, I am interested to see Samsungs dual core vs motos T2. When they are both out I will decide. Has to have LTE. I def want a 4" screen or larger and wireless N is a must. Front facing camera would be great, but isn't a necessity. My upgrade is in July. That's my 2 cents.

Chris-pee

Reaction score
I am waiting for something that meets these specs:

FF camera
SAMOLED
at least 4 inch screen
LTE
Stock android
GOOD hd video recording.
Rockets that shoot out the side

JoeeDB

Reaction score
I still have my droid and the only thing catching my eye a little bit is the Galaxy S2 if the specs are correct. From what I've read so far is 1.2 ghz processor, 4.5" super amoled 2 screen, 1200x600 resolution, either 768MB or 1GB RAM, gingerbread. Other than that I'm perfectly fine with my D1 until LTE phones start coming out.

Relex

Reaction score
I've had my d1 since december of last year and I've never used a cell phone for as much as I use this for. Really the only phone that is out now that has caught my eye is the x. I am really interested to see what the incredible hd has to bring to the table though too....

BLeClair12

Reaction score
I've only had my Droid for just under six months, so I'm not really looking to upgrade. Unfortunately I got in near the end of it's life cycle, but it's still a great phone, and I'm not even rooted.

I almost chose to send it back before my 30 days were up and pre-order the X instead, but I ended up keeping the Droid. Sometimes I wish I had an X, but it doesn't bother me at all that I stuck with the Droid.

My second line just became eligible for an upgrade so I'm going to sit on that for a while. I'm eligible for one in about a year as well. No plans to upgrade until the next "generation" comes along, if you will. I'm talking about significantly updated specs and features that excite me enough to make the switch.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
I bcame in near the end of the life cycle, too, but I used my aircards upgrade to up my phone, so I'm actually eligible to up. I still won't. Custom roms. Root and overclocking have made this into a whole new phone

Quite happy for now.

Droidforums.net appified!

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I was wondering who is still using the Droid 1 and if any of the new phones have caught your eye enough to make you want to "upgrade"? ever since I rooted a few weeks ago I have been a bit pickier with what I am looking for in a new phone. Rooting has made the D1 a brand new phone to me....So many options now and I haven't even flashed any ROMS yet! (Just a kernel or 2).

FZor me a new phone would have to be faster than the 1.1ghz I overclocked to, bigger & better screen, more internal memory, rear view camera are the main things I would need in a new phone. Theming without rooting would be nice but not necessary...

Are any of you thinking of upgrading soon and if so what phone would you go to?

I still use my Droid 1, but not as much as before. My new, *main* phone is my rooted Dinc. It has the advantage of SUPER battery life, since I switched to the Seidio 3500 battery - we're talking *days* between charges, whereas the original Droid 1 has trouble making it through the day on a single charge. I still love the D1, but it's declining battery life and less snappy processor are leading me more and more to using the Dinc. as my day in/day out phone.

To answer your original question - get an HTC Droid Incredible, root it and pick up one of the extended batteries by Seidio. It's the perfect combination of speed and (battery) durability.

-Mike

Aram58

Reaction score
I added a line last december so I could get my d1 and now have like 3 upgrades available if I steal from my family. The droid incHD definitely looks attractive now that it will have lte but I can't let myself get a non dual core phone.

I'll be getting the first phone that comes out with: lte, t2 processor, and a 4" amoled screen (or something with amazing resolution). The t2/etna/olympus/terminator is supposed to have some new screen technology but nobody knows what it is.

The 4" screen is important because I hate the 4.3" on the dx and d1 is sorta small. I think samsung got screen size just right. Its a goldie locks situation.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Jmart922

Reaction score
Original Droid 1 owner, of original phone, no replacements here! Been a very satisfied D1 follower from the start, my next phone Incredible HD on first day launch whenever that may be

kamisan

Reaction score
D1 Wife on D1 upgrade?? maybe when they die

Using the latests lithmod .04 version on mine .03 on my wifes, loved the earlier ones, all got a big buggy after a few weeks up app updates etc.. some reboots,
wifes never has had good response, seems the best with the .03 so far.

droid olympus sounds great, but again there are alot of other things to spend my money on.. we got the droids for using fring (when it did skype) while we were in haiti.