Who still uses D1 and What is catching your eye?

mikespe

Reaction score
I was wondering who is still using the Droid 1 and if any of the new phones have caught your eye enough to make you want to "upgrade"? ever since I rooted a few weeks ago I have been a bit pickier with what I am looking for in a new phone. Rooting has made the D1 a brand new phone to me....So many options now and I haven't even flashed any ROMS yet! (Just a kernel or 2).

FZor me a new phone would have to be faster than the 1.1ghz I overclocked to, bigger & better screen, more internal memory, rear view camera are the main things I would need in a new phone. Theming without rooting would be nice but not necessary...

Are any of you thinking of upgrading soon and if so what phone would you go to?

eryck22

Reaction score
I was wondering who is still using the Droid 1 and if any of the new phones have caught your eye enough to make you want to "upgrade"? ever since I rooted a few weeks ago I have been a bit pickier with what I am looking for in a new phone. Rooting has made the D1 a brand new phone to me....So many options now and I haven't even flashed any ROMS yet! (Just a kernel or 2).

FZor me a new phone would have to be faster than the 1.1ghz I overclocked to, bigger & better screen, more internal memory, rear view camera are the main things I would need in a new phone. Theming without rooting would be nice but not necessary...

Are any of you thinking of upgrading soon and if so what phone would you go to?

I'm still in love with my D1, especially with the addition of UD. I'm not due till July of next year, the only phone on my radar that is being discussed right now is the Moto Olympus. The Olympus sounds like a pretty BA phone. Currently I like the X but I'm not paying 5 bills for one, I'll just wait till my contract is up. It seems bigger and better phones are coming out weekly, at this point I'll just sit back and wait and see what's out when I'm due.

Riley

Reaction score
I still have a D1, but with the current overclocked kernel and ROM I'm running I really love it, more so than when I first bought the D1. The one thing I really would like when I upgrade is a camera on the screen side.

mikehal38

Reaction score
I'm rocking my d1 still. My upgrade was available October 27th but since no phones are out right now That I want I gave my upgrade to my wife. Hopefully a phone I like comes out by January.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only two Devices I am interested as of now are the MotOlympus and the HDinc - and both are still "rumored" devices -

S-f-m-D

thc1967

Reaction score
I love my D1 (rooted, ROMd) and there's nothing on the market today that could convince me to move. What it will take is...

1) Much faster processor, possibly dual CPU

2) Improved screen resolution

3) Possibly the next "killer app" that wouldn't work on my D1

19thumper76

Reaction score
I've had my d1 sense launch and the Inc HD and the Olympus r the only two phones that have even made me think of upgrading. Right now my D1 is not working very well (keyboard and side buttons quit working) and my gf can't understand why I wont get a replacement w my insurance (they say they don't have any and want to send me a X)

Darkseider

Reaction score
The D1 is a beast plain and simple. With a little help from Compcache if needed and you can even throw a 32 meg swap file onto an EXT3 partition on your SDCard if memory is at a premium. Now that that is out of the way. I won't be upgrading until there is a solid Tegra 2 or other Cortex A9 based dual core handset out there that can be rooted and toyed with as easily as the Droid. Until then I am holding onto my wee beastie.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have the original Droid. I've been eligible for an upgrade for about a month. My Droid works very well and meets my needs so I have no plans to change.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
the d1 does everything i need it to do and more...no plan to switch to a phone with a locked bootloader and pretend i can have custom ROMs

warrior21

Reaction score
I'm still using the D1 and have no intentions of upgrading at this point. When something else comes out that blows me away I will consider it but until then my phone does everything I need it to.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I've been eyeing the droid pro. Seems to give me a perfect combination of my two favorite phones... treo 755p and the og droid. I don't even use my phone in landscape the the droid pro keyboard would be clutch.

sincitygrrrl1

Reaction score
Still have Droid1, still working perfectly. I like the DroidX because of the larger screen, but I don't have an upgrade until July and really not paying attention to what's out there now. Come the spring I'll start doing my homework and looking at the new phones and be able to make my informed choice in July, but will still keep my Droid for a back-up.

UNC

Reaction score
Still use my D1 over my Dinc!!
My next phone will be vPhone4, but I'll still have my droid!