who is still in aww about their Razr!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I've Jumped from device to device. Had the X first, then the X2, then I got the Bionic, then a maxx, then Verizon was so generous and supplied me with another Maxx. Now...... I love the Maxx... but I'm looking to the future.

Will my next device be a RAZR MAXX HD? Or will it be.... what the heck is after that?? Lol. Will they have a quad core, large battery, device that doesn't remind me of a garage door opener with a screen??

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
After transferring the last two upgrades to my son and daughter, I finally got a Droid yesterday - Droid Razr. I'm Lovin' it!

That's your daughter on the avatar, right?! (;))

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I came from the DX, I love the Maxx but the one thing I miss from the DX is the dedicated buttons for home, menu, etc. I can't tell you the number of times I am in landscape and swipe my finger across home or back and it just messes me up!! ugh my husband will just say 'did it again huh' when i growl, LOL. I am trying to train myself to turn the phone the opposite way...

Signed Missing my buttons :(

I do it all the time, most often when trying to pinch-zoom into a webpage or pic. Drives me nutz! :blink:

ArcticCat500

Reaction score
I guess I'm one of the few that has grown tired of Android phones. I've had 3 different Droid phones (Eris, Incredible and now the Razr) and I think it's time for a change. Both my wife and son have the iPhone 4 and after spending some time with it, it's growing on me.

There are advantages and disadvantages to both. After spending over 2 years with Android, it seems that the advantages of the iPhone outweigh the advantages of Android for my purposes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Although Im no Droid expert, and I do like the ex's iphoney, I wont trade my Razr for it.....its more of a status thing if you ask me.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Count me as one who also misses the hard buttons from my DX1. Too many times when playing games I hit a key and go back to the home screen.

Tank_Tak

Reaction score
I'm in awe, cant beleive how great the radio is on this phone. My girl has the OG droid and I had the fascinate, both phones would lose service half way home. But now with the razr I drove home and it only lost service for maybe 100' stretch and then right back to full bars. Even in town where I live I get service....no one here gets cellular service without the use of network extenders as theres no cell towers nearby. But My phone works :biggrin:

Loving everything so far

Reaction score
I love this phone. I had a DROID incredible before so I got used to not hitting the soft buttons, it does take some time though. The only thing i wish I could change is the notification light working when charging. After the last update my only turns on for notifications.

ocramavaf

Reaction score
I joined Android with the nexus one and loved it, I was a nexus person through and through when the nexus s came out i did not see it as enough of an improvement over the one to get it, but i also love photography hence why when the nokia n8 came out I jumped on it and I loved it, everything was decent but i missed android, when the new crop of dual cores came out i hesitated, the lg optimus 2x enticed me but it was no nexus and I was waiting for something with a camera that came close to that of the n8 but i did not wish to go the apple way even Tought the camera on the 4 and 4s is as good as it gets, then when the RAZR was announced we just kind of stuck and when I finally got it 4 months ago I fell in love with it, all its praises and its short comings (which are not many, I would say the camera is a little lacking but nothing that photo shop can't solve) and i still am a RAZR lover through and through, the battery life is decent the screen is awesome and the speed is incredible. I mean i did look at the recent offerings like the one x and the xperia s but the limited internal memory with no option of expanding shood me off of those and the RAZR is all I wanted and needed so yes i am still wooed and wowed with it.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I AM! Was just using my Razr yesterday and was amazed at how fast and responsive the device is. Plus I went to manage my applications and was shocked to see that I am only using half of my app storage space, and I have a ton of apps on this thing!

Androidatic

Reaction score
Beware, I really liked my wife's iphone 4s and got one for my self thinking the same thing. It was all good for about three weeks until I got tired of all the restrictions. If you like widgets and customizing your homescreens you may not be happy after a while. Also if you use Google navigation a lot you will miss it. My wife also grew tired of the restrictions. They are very solid basic phones that work and siri is awesome.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

There are plusses and minuses to both. I don't root and have stopped customizing my screens. Widgets are cool but I only really use a weather widget. Like I said, I just think it's time for something different. I'm really tired of new phone after new phone coming out, some apps working with some phones and not others, screens are getting too big for me, the UI overlay and OS update game is frustrating as hell, as is the bloatware. Roooting could solve some of my problems I guess, but I am just not confident enough to do it.

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
There are plusses and minuses to both. I don't root and have stopped customizing my screens. Widgets are cool but I only really use a weather widget. Like I said, I just think it's time for something different. I'm really tired of new phone after new phone coming out, some apps working with some phones and not others, screens are getting too big for me, the UI overlay and OS update game is frustrating as hell, as is the bloatware. Roooting could solve some of my problems I guess, but I am just not confident enough to do it.

I know exactly what you're talking about. If you don't mind the lack of customization and don't rely on google's services (gmail, picasa, reader, music, docs, etc.) you will probably love the phone. The camera is awesome.......my Maxx doesn't come close. I compare pictures with co-workers and my wife's camera and the iphone wins hands down.

Good luck

Androidatic

Reaction score
I know exactly what you're talking about. If you don't mind the lack of customization and don't rely on google's services (gmail, picasa, reader, music, docs, etc.) you will probably love the phone. The camera is awesome.......my Maxx doesn't come close. I compare pictures with co-workers and my wife's camera and the iphone wins hands down.

Good luck

Actually there is an official Gmail app, and unofficial Picasa and Music apps. I've already checked that out. Lol.

I really don't think one is "better" than the other, they're just different.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Androidatic said:
I really don't think one is "better" than the other, they're just different.

Well said!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
I don't really think I was ever in aww w/ my Razr, maybe a lot of it has to do with the fact that I'm on my second one & while it fixed/improved some of the issues I had with the first it came with some new ones of it's own.

I do like the big screen (although I wish it was bigger) & how thin it is. I also like how the OEM docks will automatically launch apps like car mode, car finder, bedside, etc. Sure there's lots of cool things about this device, unfortunately a lot them don't work right, but more than that basic functions like wifi, data, battery, etc have problems on a lot of our Razrs.