Which Steinheil Protector??

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i use the anti fingerprint and it works well. why would u want a hard one? so the touchscreen is less responsive?

C

chrmbly

Crystal is the way to go... IMHO

I have the crystal on my Droid X and I love it. Installation was super easy. The reason I recommend the crystal over the anti-fingerprint is that the matte finish on the AF takes away some of the clarity of the display. My friend has one on a TP2 and it definitely makes the screen look noticeably less crisp. I suppose if you are the type who would be constantly having to wipe your screen, the trade-off would be worth it. I don't think the crystal is any 'harder' than the AF, both are essentially a static protector similar to the myriad others available.

--CB

dancedroid

OP
B

bgillyjcu

Reaction score
I went with anti fingerprint.

I hope it doesn't take away from the brilliance of the screen though! I have not heard of anyone saying that...but your point makes sense!

I hope I didn't just waste $12!!!!

C

chrmbly

It's not *horrible* but you will notice a slight difference... Let us know how it goes. I also didn't see the Touch Pro 2 before he installed his, I can only assume what it looked like prior. He did say he had wished he got the crystal though... :-\

kdkinc

Reaction score
The matte finish does tone down the screen a bit but I like the feel of it.
In my case I leave a lot of finger prints so not having to clean the screen constantly is a real plus.
I tried going with out a protector and it was always smuggy (new word).
I hope you enjoy it as much as I have...

Gebo

Reaction score
I chose the anti-fingerprint one. Slightly less clarity well worth the feel and cleanliness...

jaredb03

Reaction score
I think the anti fingerprint one works amazing(at least when i had my iphone) but it does make everything look a little fuzzy. So this time i went with the crystal since the screen is why i bought the droid x.

chops

Reaction score
I actually have them both I had the the anitfingerprint one on for about 3 weeks and loved it but it cut down on the clarity of the screen so i bought the ultra clear one from sgp and just put it on a couple of days ago and I love it even more. It is so clear it looks like a new phone to me since i took off the antifingerprint one I dont care i will wipe the smudges off from the crystal clear one all the time for the clarity i am getting with it

kdkinc

Reaction score
I actually have them both I had the the anitfingerprint one on for about 3 weeks and loved it but it cut down on the clarity of the screen so i bought the ultra clear one from sgp and just put it on a couple of days ago and I love it even more. It is so clear it looks like a new phone to me since i took off the antifingerprint one I dont care i will wipe the smudges off from the crystal clear one all the time for the clarity i am getting with it

Do you find that, if your fingers are wet (sweat) that you have trouble swiping the screen??
I know I did when I was running with no protection on the Gorilla glass...

I don't have the problem with the anti finger print version so much...

al3x

Reaction score
I just got the crystal yesterday and i'm loving it. everything has been pretty responsive and quick for me

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I have the crystal. Can't even tell it's on there.

goracer

Reaction score
I put on the crystal clear and I hate it. It was a replacement for the full body kit which had a tinted lense. The original tinted lense went on perfect. The only issues was I couldn't see the screen outdoors. I'd have to put my hand over it, turn away from the sun or find shade. The body kit was total crap and is peeling off now. I found one side peice I forgot to put on and I put it on without the spray. That one feels smooth, no bubbles or orange peel like the other peices which I followed the instructions and used the spray. Anhow, they only replaced the lense. I put it on and it was full of dust. I had cleaned the phone previous to install. I used all the stickers to remove the dust but still had massive amount of bubbles. I tried eashing it and reapplying and I still have bubbles. I tried the squeege and still have bubbles and spots. I am not happy with this product or company. The crystal clear looks like crap.

Losheau

Reaction score
I got the crystal about 3 days ago. I can't even tell there's a screen protector on.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk