Which Should I Upgrade to?

VampyricDroid

Reaction score
Hi I'm eligible for an upgrade and I can't decide between the Droid charge the thunderbolt and the Droid 3 can anyone help I'm leaning more towards the charge because where I live is getting 4G by the end of this year and I like the design alot and features but I want to make sure its the best choice seeing as this is my upgrade. I'm upgrading from the OG Droid by the way

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't buy any of those 3. At least wait until September to see if the Bionic drops like the CEO says it will.

OP
V

VampyricDroid

Reaction score
My phone wont let me browse more than two or three web pages before it crashes and reboots so I don't think I am going to wait for the Droid bionic because I need a new phone asap my screen stays off when I make a phone call and I have to open the keyboard in order to get the screen back on to hang up and it turns back off when I close the keyboard. And besides I don't really like Motorola anyway so can someone please tell me whether I should get the charge or the thunderbolt

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

EFGantry

Reaction score
i wouldn't buy either of those phones. they're both single core, and ICS is due to be dropped in about 2-3 months. many believe that single core phones won't be able to run ICS (or at least won't be able to run it very well), so you will be stuck for 2 years with a pretty outdated device. if you can just hold out for another 2 weeks, you'll have a couple of pretty nice devices to choose from, and they should last you 2 years. imo, right now is not a good time to buy a phone that's been out for 6+ months - they'll be outdated in another month: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-rumors/166443-new-phone-rumor-mill.html

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you must choose between the Thunderbolt and the Charge (I don't advise this), then the Charge is the better phone. I would actually buy the Droid 3 over both of those, but you said you don't like Motorola.

One last piece of advice, the Bionic has about a 99% chance to come out September 8th, keep in mind that's only 11 days away.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm personally waiting for the Bionic to drop before I go for an upgrade. Out of the phones available now, most likely have decided on the Inc 2, but I am considering the Charge just for 4g. Bionic seems to be the best of both worlds for me which is why I am waiting.

FastKatt

Reaction score
12 days & counting...

Swyped on my Droid, sent via Tapatalk. It's amazing what ones thumb can do!

thereegavin

Reaction score
I wouldn't buy any of those 3.

seo4.jpg
signature.jpg

xiaoliu3.jpg