which qwerty keys activate lcd screen, which don't?

catspajamas

Reaction score
i touch a random key on my exposed / slid out qwerty to reactivate the turned off LCD screen. some keys activate the screen, and some don't. this also changes from time to time...!? for example the "G" key always seems to work for this, but the "L" or the "Z" will only reactivate the screen it it was turned off recently like a minute ago, but not if it was turned off many minutes ago. rule of thumb (no pun intended), the closer you are to the center of the keyboard, the more likely that key will turn on the screen.

so the question is... what's up with this weird intermittent formula, why do some keys always work and some other keys only sometimes work?

hendricks026

Reaction score
I've noticed that for the first few seconds that any key does work, but if the screen is off for a few minutes 'OK' seems to be the go to key. I haven't really had the patience to sit and map out which keys work and which don't X minutes after, though I am curious and it is tempting. Just throwing my 2 cents in the jar!

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

sockmess

Reaction score
Heh I still wish there was a way to reset with the keyboard like the d2 (alt, shift and backspace)
I thought enter sometimes turns on the lcd screen but I could of pushed the ok button by accident.

sockmess

Reaction score
Just confriming it is the ok button that activates the lcd after a good amount of inactivity.