Which of these phones is faster?

andy123

Reaction score
I am deciding between two phones. My main thing is that I am looking for speed in using the browser. So which settings are faster?

1) A 1GHz dual core processor with 512 RAM and 2048 ROM

2) A [FONT=&quot]1 GHz Snapdragon processor with 768 RAM

Also [/FONT]when comparing speeds between phones, which specs should be looked at to determine which phone can surf the web and download files faster? And what order are they most important in?

Processor
RAM
ROM

????????

Last edited by a moderator:

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am deciding between two phones. My main thing is that I am looking for speed in using the browser. So which settings are faster?

1) A 1GHz dual core processor with 512 RAM and 2048 ROM

2) A [FONT=&quot]1 GHz Snapdragon processor with 768 RAM
[/FONT]

How about option 3) 4g

The main purpose of the cpu/processor is for multi-tasking. I.e. listening to music while playing a game while all of the other apps run on their own core. Eliminates lag while switching between apps.

UNC

Reaction score
ROM is not important. Neither is clock speed really. An 800mhz g2 is faster than a 1ghz incredible because of optimization... Also RAM "specs" can be misleading, 5oomb DDR2 could be faster than older 7oombs.. You'll have to just test the phones out to determine which is fastest for your use. I would strongly recommend that you NOT get the Thunderbolt. I'm returning this one tomorrow and waiting for the Bionic.
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Then one will have a faster processing speed than the other and will be able to handle larger loads.

Im also going to merge your posts.

OP
A

andy123

Reaction score
I was actually trying to determine if the Thunderbolt is faster than the Bionic. They both have 1 GHz CPUs but the Bionic has a dual core processor. However, the Thunderbolt has more RAM. So I am confused.

OP
A

andy123

Reaction score
Then one will have a faster processing speed than the other and will be able to handle larger loads.

Which one will have the faster processing speed?

UNC

Reaction score

Which one will have the faster processing speed?

The Bionic will be faster. The Motorola Atrix is already out on AT&T and its blazing. It has a faster processor and faster RAM than a TB, and the Bionic is basically the Atrix. RAM size determines multitasking, but RAM speed determines overall performance, while the TB has more RAM it also has slower RAM... The TB in theory should be able to keep more apps open at once, but it cannot access them as fast.

I hope that helps.

I actually have a TB and am returning it tomorrow to wait for the Bionic.

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I said that wrong, both phones are 1ghz but one is dual core which means it can handle more of a load (more things running at once).

OP
A

andy123

Reaction score
So it appears the Bionic will be faster because of the dual core processor. Got it.

Which is the faster RAM? DDR2? Then what would the slower RAM be? Non-DDR2?

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was actually trying to determine if the Thunderbolt is faster than the Bionic. They both have 1 GHz CPUs but the Bionic has a dual core processor. However, the Thunderbolt has more RAM. So I am confused.

Bionic has better hardware. Too bad it'll be locked down.

OP
A

andy123

Reaction score

What do you mean it will be locked down?

UNC

Reaction score

What do you mean it will be locked down?

Don't worry about it. For some users its encrypted bootloadet is an issue, no offense but if you're asking about what makes a phone fast, than the bootloader is not going to matter at all. I would recommend the Bionic.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
For droids it goes : ddr (double data rate RAM) is the 'oldest' for droids. ddr2 is twice as fast, and ddr2 is what the bionic uses. The Thunderbolt is stuck with ddr.

I dont think anything in the droid line has used SDRAM?

the ram in a phone is a low power variant of actual desktop ram, and has an LP prefix to show this.