Is it still 3g?

CJiggles

Reaction score
Okay, so I am almost positive that my next phone is going to be the Droid Bionic which I believe comes out in April. This phone has a dual core 1gHz processor and is 4g LTE. However, I live in a city that will not have 4g until 2013, so my question is: Will my "3g phone" be faster than normal 3g phones (for example the Droid X or the Droid 2)?, or will it remain as slow as those phones in non-4g areas?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Same speed as the X......3G speed on a 4G capable device will not be any faster or slower for that matter.

Sent from my Droid

OP
C

CJiggles

Reaction score
Thanks man, but that sucks! I live in Tucson, so say I were to drive to Phoenix where 4g is still available, will I suddenly get 4g speeds?

fox_dye

Reaction score
Well download and upload speeds wont be any different than a regular 3g phone but look at everything else. I say get the best for your upgrade. You might not get 4g for 2 more years but I would still get the bionic. Its top notch. The only way I wouldn't get it is if Verizon makes you pay for 4g when its not in your area. Oh and yes you would get 4g but I would be careful cause if you don't pay for it they might rape you on charges.

Sent from a galaxy far far away.....
follow me on twitter @fox_dye

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
if you have a 4g phone and you're in a 4g area you'll get 4g, simple as that.

if you're out you'll get 3g

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Thanks man, but that sucks! I live in Tucson, so say I were to drive to Phoenix where 4g is still available, will I suddenly get 4g speeds?
I don't know how they are going to do these packages so I don't have an answer for you but technically yes. You just slap in the 4G sim card and away you go but again I don't know the structure of how they are doing the rollout so its wait and see.

Sent from my Droid