Which extended battery

mikeymop

Reaction score
So my mom said she'd give me $50 for my old Dare. I asked as an alternative, if she would buy me an extended battery for my DInc.

So far I'm on the fence for three slim extendeds, should I get hte famous Seido 1750? the EVO 1500mAh? or the Mugen 1800mAh?

Do any of you have experience with more then one battery type so that way I can rule out the weakest? After reading the batteryboss stats, I'd rather judge a battey's strength with real world opinion's rather then the rating on the sticker.

upinsmoke

Reaction score
honestly I would go with one of the 3500mh batteries sold by seidio. I've had no problems going 2+ days with this battery - thats with not turning off any of the feature (gps, etc.) and some pretty extensive surfing and texting from the device.

atthehop

Reaction score
I just got 2 1500's along with a stand alone charger off of eBay for 0.01 and 9.99 shipping. They last longer than my current OEM and you can charge one while using one of the others. I have the 1750 Seideo and it gives me about 50% more than OEM. Personally I would not go the 3500 since it makes the phone thicker.

OP
mikeymop

mikeymop

Reaction score
I just got 2 1500's along with a stand alone charger off of eBay for 0.01 and 9.99 shipping. They last longer than my current OEM and you can charge one while using one of the others. I have the 1750 Seideo and it gives me about 50% more than OEM. Personally I would not go the 3500 since it makes the phone thicker.

So I should take the seido over the OEM15?

And Yea the Seido 3500mAh is out of the question because I have a case for the phone, I'm not willing to cut the case.

upinsmoke

Reaction score
Adding the extended adds a nominal amount of width. But now your talking about having to carry two batteries around - and probably a case of some type to put that second battery in (or just let it short on the keys and change in your pocket - aka McDonalds hot coffee in the lap).

One of the problems you will run into with using two batteries as suggested is the backing of the phone is rather flimsy and eventually with popping the back off/on its going to break - and then having to deal with gettting a replacement. The seidio extended back supplied appears to be a bit more sturdy than the one supplied by HTC but if you are into a daily ritual of swapping the back out daily its going to break.

Seidio also makes a case for use with the extended battery which has a very polished look and feel to it.

There will be those that say thats it too big with the battery but most of thsoe people don't have it. I can say from real time use with this on a daily basis, it's not a big deal. Do this if you like to get an idea, the extended width does not extend the entire lenth of the phone, just for a portion of it. Stack two quarters and stack them on the back of the phone, thats the difference in thickness.

I think most people would really appreciate it that unless you have real time experience with a topic or item to not chime in with useless/baseless opinions.

Logan176

Reaction score
I don't have experience with the different batteries but I understand your decision to go with one of the slim batteries. Yes the 3500 battery will be the best, but I didn't buy a slim phone just to double its thickness with a bigger battery.

I've only had my Dinc for 2 weeks and I have been looking into a higher capacity battery. I will most likely get the Seidio because of brand reputation. But, I'm holding off for a few weeks so I can get used to my phone's performance. Based on my personal usage I can get the phone to last from 7 am to 5 pm on a single charge. I keep my updates and sync running but I turn off WiFi, gps, and Bluetooth until I need them.

My vote is for the Seidio 1750.

OP
mikeymop

mikeymop

Reaction score
Adding the extended adds a nominal amount of width. But now your talking about having to carry two batteries around - and probably a case of some type to put that second battery in (or just let it short on the keys and change in your pocket - aka McDonalds hot coffee in the lap).

One of the problems you will run into with using two batteries as suggested is the backing of the phone is rather flimsy and eventually with popping the back off/on its going to break - and then having to deal with gettting a replacement. The seidio extended back supplied appears to be a bit more sturdy than the one supplied by HTC but if you are into a daily ritual of swapping the back out daily its going to break.
Yes I assumed that, I'm not one to swap the battery every day

Seidio also makes a case for use with the extended battery which has a very polished look and feel to it.

There will be those that say thats it too big with the battery but most of thsoe people don't have it. I can say from real time use with this on a daily basis, it's not a big deal. Do this if you like to get an idea, the extended width does not extend the entire lenth of the phone, just for a portion of it. Stack two quarters and stack them on the back of the phone, thats the difference in thickness.
Thanks for that two quarters visualization, I never expected it to be that small o_O It always sounds much more dramatic of a change.

I wasn't going to buy two batteries. And I only have $50 to spend so that rules out the $60 price of the full extended battery.

I just need opinions on battery times with one of the three slim extended batteries.

Last edited:

upinsmoke

Reaction score
Battery times will be a bit more subjective. It really comes down to how hard you are using the phone. Playing movies? Games? GPS? The more it has to do - the more it will use. How many apps are you using? Memory utilization is greater on version 2.1 vs. 2.2. Closing apps or running an app killer will help on 2.1, on 2.2 I found it to be more efficient.

One of the best ways of trying to visualize this would be to think of your battery as a bucket. A pint is smaller than a quart and then again smaller than a gallon. Each step is going to provide you will additional resources to draw off of. The more sparing you are of using what is available the more it will last.

Personally, I don't want to cripple the phone but use it as how it was designed and intended to be. For me, I don't want to have to turn my gps off/on as needed, I would prefer for it to use it as it needs to.

Forgot to mention, the case adds about the thickness of a dime to the back and sides of the phone. It's open at the bottom and top with a lip that curls around the corners.

OP
mikeymop

mikeymop

Reaction score
Battery times will be a bit more subjective. It really comes down to how hard you are using the phone. Playing movies? Games? GPS? The more it has to do - the more it will use. How many apps are you using? Memory utilization is greater on version 2.1 vs. 2.2. Closing apps or running an app killer will help on 2.1, on 2.2 I found it to be more efficient.

Yea, I know. I've read many threads on battery life with the different batteries. But theres no threads pitting them against eachother