Which Droid?

Clf7971

Reaction score
Hey guys/gals,

Looking to get a droid and not sure which one i should get. Im with Verizon and im looking at either the Moto X or the HTC Incred. Any advice on which would be a better choice. Or if i should wait and see if another better handset comes out in the near future. Thanks for any help.

cpjr

Reaction score
Play with both, choose the one you like better. They are both fairly different.

Now I went from the Incredible to the X and would never go back ;)

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree! Go to a VZW store and test drive the phones. One will jump out as the one for you!

switch

Reaction score
i too am looking at getting a droid, besides personal pref. is there any thing that makes one better than the other?

C

cdexsw

agreed. go into store.....do not listen to the BS the sales people will blow up your rear. they get $$$ to up-sell or promote certain devices more than others.
if they ask just tell them your going to buy 1 you just haven't made your mind up yet. make a couple of calls with each of the phones. tinker with all the aspects of the phone.

just dont let the sales person be pushy or influence your decision.

Droid X Review
Droid Incredible Review

if you want a bigger screen go X. if you want Sense UI go Incredible.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Both are great phones, I think it just depends what size fits better with your life.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Hey guys/gals,

Looking to get a droid and not sure which one i should get. Im with Verizon and im looking at either the Moto X or the HTC Incred. Any advice on which would be a better choice. Or if i should wait and see if another better handset comes out in the near future. Thanks for any help.

I have them both (along with an original Droid) love them both equally. Both are rooted, both are themed. The Droid X is big and powerful. The Dinc is lightening fast, and (because it's an earlier model with the AMOLED screen) has a *gorgeous* screen display.

The downsides are a lackluster battery on the Droid X - typical Motorola phone, and an even worse stock battery on the Dinc. The Dinc's battery problems are attributable to the fact that I have the brightness CRANKED, and an AMOLED screen sucks battery power like crazy. The plus side is I got an extended battery and that 100% (for me, anyway) solved the battery problem. So far, Seidio hasn't yet released the equivalent battery for the Droid X, so I tend to use the Dinc more often than the Droid X.

Earlier posters are right - go to Verizon and play with both phones, and get the feel for which one works best for you. They're both great phones, so you can't really make a bad choice.

-Mike