X vs Incredible

• Droid X

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Droid Incredible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NYZ93

Reaction score
So im thinking of getting either the incredible or x as im not 100% in love with my Droid so which should i get, the x or incredible

So can you guys please vote and explain why one over the other

UNC

Reaction score
So im thinking of getting either the incredible or x as im not 100% in love with my Droid so which should i get, the x or incredible

So can you guys please vote and explain why one over the other

Well, that depends.
The Droid X is a better device with better internals, but the Incredible can be cooked with custom roms... Both are rootable, but HTC doesn't have the encrypted bootloader.

ccartertn

Reaction score
What kind of car do you drive?

To me, its the same type decision. Both are very capable, it just comes down to what fits you the best.

I originally ordered the Inc but it wasn't going to come in until after the X release date so I cancelled and went with the X.
I am sure I would have been as happy with the Inc as I am with the X.

I do like the big screen on the X though!
Good luck with your decision.

By the way, I drive a truck.

CC

hobby31

Reaction score
I've had both. The incredible is a great phone with similar specs as the X. I wanted a larger screen which is why I got the X. My 41 year old eyes were having a hard time seeing the incredible. They are both pretty similar internally but the incredible does feel a little "cheaply" made. It's pretty much a flemsy plastic back to it and the camera sticks out so you really need a case on it to protect it. The X is well built. Feels solid to hold as it's made with metal. They both have 8mp camera's and are capable of 720p video recording. Both have 8gb internal memory but the X's internal is for the system and apps are actually stored there so you can install a large, large amount of apps without worring about space. The incredible's 8gb is just for storage like a sdcard. I was almost out of space for apps on it actually. The X has a dedicated gpu and the incredible does not. The Amoled screen on the incredible to me wasn't that great. Yes the colors are more vibrant but they seemed over saturated for me. The yellows looked orange and such. So,...

X--8gb internal storage for apps and system, dedicated gpu, and larger screen were my selling points to leave the incredible.

By the way, I have had 0 issues with my X. No screen issues, signal loss, any of the other problems you'll find in the forums.

Oh, the incredible took me 4 days to root and 6 different sdcards. It was pretty frustrating. I don't know how simple they've made it now but it was pretty hard when they first did it. The X took me all of 15 minutes to root.

montyboy

Reaction score
I'd say X if you're happy running stock. I feel that the Incredible is on it's way out the door with official support after 2.2 - they canceled the dock for the Inc. I think they just missed the boat with the demand/supply and now that they finally have the display supply figured out the industry has moved on. Though, if you're in to custom roms and kernels, I feel the Inc will have a decent shelf life in the eyes of developers.

Personally, I'd choose the Inc if I could get it at a discount because spec for spec the X wins but it's WYSIWYG.

Humble

Reaction score
I've had both. The incredible is a great phone with similar specs as the X. I wanted a larger screen which is why I got the X. My 41 year old eyes were having a hard time seeing the incredible. They are both pretty similar internally but the incredible does feel a little "cheaply" made. It's pretty much a flemsy plastic back to it and the camera sticks out so you really need a case on it to protect it. The X is well built. Feels solid to hold as it's made with metal. They both have 8mp camera's and are capable of 720p video recording. Both have 8gb internal memory but the X's internal is for the system and apps are actually stored there so you can install a large, large amount of apps without worring about space. The incredible's 8gb is just for storage like a sdcard. I was almost out of space for apps on it actually. The X has a dedicated gpu and the incredible does not. The Amoled screen on the incredible to me wasn't that great. Yes the colors are more vibrant but they seemed over saturated for me. The yellows looked orange and such. So,...

X--8gb internal storage for apps and system, dedicated gpu, and larger screen were my selling points to leave the incredible.

By the way, I have had 0 issues with my X. No screen issues, signal loss, any of the other problems you'll find in the forums.

Oh, the incredible took me 4 days to root and 6 different sdcards. It was pretty frustrating. I don't know how simple they've made it now but it was pretty hard when they first did it. The X took me all of 15 minutes to root.

I am pretty green when it comes to the lingo used here, what do you mean exactly by "rooting" your phone? Thanks in advance.

barbee

Reaction score
I am extremely happy with my Inc. I got it on rlease week and have had 0 issues. The screen is just about perfect (size and color).
I had a chance to use the DX for about a day and it was just too big for me. Also, the locked bootloader was an issue with me because i like flashing ROMs and general hackery.
Don't get me wrong, the DX is a great device and will be well suited for most people i just think the Inc. is the right device for me. What's right for you may be different.
Good luck

mottling

Reaction score
I chose the Incredible over the Droid X because the Incredible is smaller, doesn't have MOTOBLUR, and you can load custom ROMs. From what I've looked into, the processor on the DX is a bit better, but that doesn't translate into speed thanks to MOTOBLUR. The DX also has HDMI out and DLNA, which the Incredible does not have.

Both are excellent phones, so it's kind of a matter of preference.