which Droid is for me?

isoDUB

Reaction score
which Droid should i get? if this guy on craigslist trades with me (doesn't flake) i can get a Droid 2. i don't have Verizon, but i'm interested in all this rooting stuff. i want to use it as an ipod touch replacement/wifi device. should i keep the droid 2, try to trade for Droid Incredible or X, or sell and get an old Droid 1. i've heard you can overclock the Droid 1. are there ways to make the performance equal to the Droid 2? thanks to anyone that helps.

dbst

Reaction score
You can make the D1 faster than the D2 :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Last edited:

Jordan8

Reaction score
I personally like the X the best, it's personal preference though. I love the bigger screen & no physical keyboard. You may not though.

musicman

Reaction score
I also prefer the X. It can also be overclocked.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
isoDUB

isoDUB

Reaction score
i also want the Droid X, but i have a feeling that the chances of trading for a Droid 2 are slim. Droid 1 is good for me because its cheap. that's about it. so now i know it can be overclocked, but will it have any negative effects like faster battery drain? and is the better performance worth it? i wanna know if the the processor, rom, and ram can be increased. thanks.

OP
isoDUB

isoDUB

Reaction score
awesome. any useful tutorials/sites either here or somewhere on the web to teach me about rooting? i want to learn about everything i can do, how to overclock, add more RAM/ROM (if possible), maybe discover some cool apps, etc., etc.

OP
isoDUB

isoDUB

Reaction score
oh yeah. and is there a way to un-root the phone, just incase i ever sell and the buying doesn't want it rooted?