Should I give up my Droid?

spellrm

Reaction score
So browsing craigslist I found a guy that wants to trade his Incredible for a Droid or Droid 2 because he wants a keyboard. I like the Incredible because it has snapdragon, more RAM, it's lighter, thinner, and an 8 MP camera. At the same time, I like the keyboard of the Droid.

I'm thinking that all the pros of the Incredible outweigh the fact that it doesn't have a keyboard. But since I would be immediately rooting the Incredible and putting a custom ROM on it, how is the developer community for the Incredible compared to the Droid?

This is a hard decision.

tktouch12

Reaction score
i actually put an add on craigslist to trade my incredible for a droid 1 or 2 for the exact reason. in the end i decided to buy a d1 off ebay so i can use both depending on if i want a keyboard or a faster/lighter phone with no keyboard. (fyi, i had a droid1 before my incredible so i've used both for a while)

in my opinion, the rom development for the incredible is probably better than the droid1. the incredible has A LOT of different roms. most droid roms are all pretty similar. the incredible has roms based of the incredible, the evo, the desire z, the htc my touch, the acer liquid, miui, aosp, cyanogen, and others. you have a ton to choose from, a lot of them are still developing (where i'm seeing a lot of droid 1 devs are done). and all the roms are pretty quick AND OFFER DIFFERENT THINGS.

i do like having the physical keyboard on the droid1 but i think you would be very happy with the incredible. the keyboard probably the best onscreen keyboard ever besides the iphone.

edit: there might not be as many PEOPLE developing, but the roms definitely are all different (compared to droid roms; d1 roms are all pretty much the same)

AngryHatter

Reaction score
I dunno...swype has made my keyboard kinda obsolete.
I LOVE my A855, but I don't need it anymore...I think. <---good caveat, huh?

OP
S

spellrm

Reaction score
i actually put an add on craigslist to trade my incredible for a droid 1 or 2 for the exact reason. in the end i decided to buy a d1 off ebay so i can use both depending on if i want a keyboard or a faster/lighter phone with no keyboard. (fyi, i had a droid1 before my incredible so i've used both for a while)

in my opinion, the rom development for the incredible is probably better than the droid1. the incredible has A LOT of different roms. most droid roms are all pretty similar. the incredible has roms based of the incredible, the evo, the desire z, the htc my touch, the acer liquid, miui, aosp, cyanogen, and others. you have a ton to choose from, a lot of them are still developing (where i'm seeing a lot of droid 1 devs are done). and all the roms are pretty quick AND OFFER DIFFERENT THINGS.

i do like having the physical keyboard on the droid1 but i think you would be very happy with the incredible. the keyboard probably the best onscreen keyboard ever besides the iphone.

edit: there might not be as many PEOPLE developing, but the roms definitely are all different (compared to droid roms; d1 roms are all pretty much the same)

Wow and here I was thinking Incredible developing was smaller :huh: . Thanks for this response. I can definitely live without the keyboard, it's just the old saying "You don't know what you have until it's gone".

I also asked the guy what he would sell it to me for so that I could have both (and maybe sell one after a while depending on which I like better). I'm still waiting for a response.

tktouch12

Reaction score

Wow and here I was thinking Incredible developing was smaller :huh: . Thanks for this response. I can definitely live without the keyboard, it's just the old saying "You don't know what you have until it's gone".

I also asked the guy what he would sell it to me for so that I could have both (and maybe sell one after a while depending on which I like better). I'm still waiting for a response.

ya, i was pretty pleasantly surprised when i saw all the development going on. i mean, some of the roms i listed were just original ports, but there really are a lot to choose from. xda is where you'll find most of it, so just check it out and see what you think. Droid Incredible Android Development - xda-developers and if you can keep your droid1, you might as well give an incredible a try. hope it works out for you.