Should I hang up my Droid, for the incredible??

geronimogman

Reaction score
I have an upgrade on my contract and the sales rep at bestbuy is telling me that i should get the incredible..I have been watching videos of it online and it is impressive...i rarely use my keyboard, but im just wondering, IS IT THAT MUCH BETTER?? i have the money to upgrade and I will just be using my droid as a backup, do u think it is an upgrade??

itzkr0me

Reaction score
I did the upgrade, and the incredible is far superior to the droid in terms of speed. I actually prefer the senseUI, but the phone itself is much better. I'm happy with my upgrade.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
i think the Moto Droid is going to have a long life past its cycle, mainly due to its large following (see the G1, still being modded and hacked to this day!)

the incredible may have a better cpu (debatable) and has a nicer form factor (Also debatable), but it will end up becoming just another phone. the incredible is also faster within homescreens, but not faster in most apps...

i would save your upgrade for a 4g phone :D (or the droid II)

all imho

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you're rooted and overclocked, I would wait. There are a bunch of Android phones being released on Verizon that are superior to the Incredible (such as Droid 2, Droid Pro, Shadow), so I'd be inclined to wait for one of those.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I did the upgrade, and the incredible is far superior to the droid in terms of speed. I actually prefer the senseUI, but the phone itself is much better. I'm happy with my upgrade.

And what Droid are you comparing that to? Was your Droid rooted? I'm not a rooting fan but I'll bet my right arm that an overclocked Droid will smoke the Incredible.

coondogg97

Reaction score
I agree with Corina, wait! With the FroYo announcement im sure Google has some tricks up their sleeve. You are better off enjoying the Droid for now and upgrading when something even better comes out. Plus if Verizon does eventually get the iPhone, the games will begin and the consumers will for once reap the benefits.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Even when overclocked, the Incredible is still a bit faster than the Droid. The difference is by no means drastic, but the Droid is certainly not going to smoke the Incredible no matter how fast you have overclocked the cpu. Also, remember that the Droid has a dedicated GPU that helps ease the load.

warrior21

Reaction score
I guess since you like the phone it MUST be better

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Even when overclocked, the Incredible is still a bit faster than the Droid. The difference is by no means drastic, but the Droid is certainly not going to smoke the Incredible no matter how fast you have overclocked the cpu. Also, remember that the Droid has a dedicated GPU that helps ease the load.

this argument has been hashed and rehashed so many times. Within the homescreens (When switching homescreens, widget loading/viewing, flipping through settings, phone.apk, etc)... the Incredible is faster than a rooted droid... because of the extra RAM, and maybe the cpu.

however, within apps, especially apps with 3D... the moto works better (less choppy). because of the dedicated gpu, just as you said

huskur

Reaction score

And what Droid are you comparing that to? Was your Droid rooted? I'm not a rooting fan but I'll bet my right arm that an overclocked Droid will smoke the Incredible.

My droid OC'd at 1300 mhz was still no competition switching between home screens. As far as using apps my droid was faster loading. Internet was about the same. This is a comparison i made at a VZW satellite shop in BJ's wholesale store. Droid is much "beefier" and better built IMO. Would i upgrade my droid for it? Not a chance.

vedwed

Reaction score
I would have to say wait out your upgrade till the 4G phones are out, there are opinions in both camps about what phone is better, faster, stronger, blah blah. But it all boils down to what you get out of your phone, if you want a better camera the Incredible is 8MP versus 5MP on the Droid, if you want a dedicated GPU, well the Droid has one, the Incredible does not, Incredible is less bulky and lighter while the Droid is more sturdy. It all depends what you want in a phone, and what each one offers in that respect. Go to a VZW store and try em both out, do the things you do on a phone and make your comparison for yourself, we all have opinions and desires based on how we use our phones, and they may not be the same as yours.

Big Cam

Reaction score
i think the Moto Droid is going to have a long life past its cycle, mainly due to its large following (see the G1, still being modded and hacked to this day!)

the incredible may have a better cpu (debatable) and has a nicer form factor (Also debatable), but it will end up becoming just another phone. the incredible is also faster within homescreens, but not faster in most apps...

i would save your upgrade for a 4g phone :D (or the droid II)

all imho
Exactly, why waste money on somethign that is practically identical with miniscule differences, when you'll just need another new phone in 2 years.