Which Android Tablet???

Crazycatlady

Reaction score
My daughter is looking into buying an android wifi tablet. I don't know much about them. Any opinions???

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Pink Tapatalk

trackready

Reaction score
Can we get a little more info, is price an object that makes a difference. If you are comfortable with spending 500 get the transformer prime (TF201) without a doubt. It is the first Tegra 3 tablet and has Android ICS already available. It also has the unique ability to be turned into a portable workstation with its optional hinged keyboard dock. I have used about every tablet out there and the TF201 is hands down amazing.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

OP
Crazycatlady

Crazycatlady

Reaction score
Can we get a little more info, is price an object that makes a difference. If you are comfortable with spending 500 get the transformer prime (TF201) without a doubt. It is the first Tegra 3 tablet and has Android ICS already available. It also has the unique ability to be turned into a portable workstation with its optional hinged keyboard dock. I have used about every tablet out there and the TF201 is hands down amazing.

Basically in the research phase right now. Price doesn't matter if it'd be worth it, its her money. She wants to be able to use it for internet, apps, and as an ereader, but most of the readers we've looked into don't have market access. The tf201 looks really nice, but she may be looking for something a little smaller.

trackready

Reaction score
She will want to wait for a good 7in tablet imo. There isn't any outstanding ones on the market atm. There is a 7in version of the prime announced... but no official release date.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Does she have to have a tablet right now? The upcoming Asus Memo 370T is a $250 Tegra 3 Quad core tablet running Ice Cream Sandwich and should be launching before May.

If she can wait, that's the tablet to get specially if she wants a smaller 7" form factor.

trackready

Reaction score
Lol beat you too it, but look at asus' track record. This will realistically be 300 and released around September 2012. They make great tablets but there release timelines are a joke

Danny1971jdw

Reaction score
I got an HTC flyer tablet and it's really good tablet. Have never had no problem with it.

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using DroidForums

OP
Crazycatlady

Crazycatlady

Reaction score
Does she have to have a tablet right now? The upcoming Asus Memo 370T is a $250 Tegra 3 Quad core tablet running Ice Cream Sandwich and should be launching before May.

If she can wait, that's the tablet to get specially if she wants a smaller 7" form factor.

She was planning on waiting a little. Has to save up the money. :) $250-$300 would prob be a better choice considering what she wants to use it for. Do they update the way phones do?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
She was planning on waiting a little. Has to save up the money. :) $250-$300 would prob be a better choice considering what she wants to use it for. Do they update the way phones do?

Sounds like the Asus Memo 370T is the right tablet then. Asus has been good with updates to their tablets and since this particular tablet is launching with the latest Android OS makes it even sweeter.

I plan on getting one myself. We're also going to launch a specific forum for it. :biggrin:

OP
Crazycatlady

Crazycatlady

Reaction score
Sounds like the Asus Memo 370T is the right tablet then. Asus has been good with updates to their tablets and since this particular tablet is launching with the latest Android OS makes it even sweeter.

I plan on getting one myself. We're also going to launch a specific forum for it. :biggrin:

She looked into it a little and thought it looked really cool. Only problem was se wanted a front facing camera. But she still wants the 7in not 10. Any chance the specs will change?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
She looked into it a little and thought it looked really cool. Only problem was se wanted a front facing camera. But she still wants the 7in not 10. Any chance the specs will change?

It's a possibility... There are other 7" tablets coming down the pike so I'm sure she'll have options by the time she's ready to buy.

mamawm

Reaction score
The Acer a100 is a 7" with tegra 2, runs honeycomb. pretty solid little tablet. Wifi only. It's been out since last summer and should getting ics soon. I've had mine for about 6 Weeks now and am enjoying it. It should be about $250 now.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I will never buy an Acer product again after I had to send my Acer laptop in 6 times in 1 year and luckily I had an and extended warranty with a third party because they ended up writing me a check for the value of the laptop...

X

OP
Crazycatlady

Crazycatlady

Reaction score
The Acer a100 is a 7" with tegra 2, runs honeycomb. pretty solid little tablet. Wifi only. It's been out since last summer and should getting ics soon. I've had mine for about 6 Weeks now and am enjoying it. It should be about $250 now.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Does it happen to have a front facing camera??? She's an avid Skype user.