Which 2.2 ROM is the best, What are you guys using?

movadoevo8

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm currently running BBv.0.21 Froyo 2.2 with P3Droid 1.1 Ghz Kernel, Blue Themed and I gotta say it's running pretty well.

I just wanted to know what 2.2 ROMs is everyone using and if everyone has tried multiple ROMS and which ones do you find better. Just curious to see if there is a better ROM then the one I'm currently running.

I am HAPPY, but if there is better I always like to have the best. I really don't feel like keep wiping and re-installing all the ROMS and having to keep installing apps and all this other stuff, just too time consuming so I wanted to know your feed back. Thanks!

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Lots of talk on this, but I still have to say I am a big fan of BD's hard work. At the moment I think UD-Froyo eXtreme RC2 is hot. Always so many nice options... Just wait till the source is released tho...

I am running P3 1100, but Chevy is making some very nice Kernels too, love them...

OP
movadoevo8

movadoevo8

Reaction score
Lots of talk on this, but I still have to say I am a big fan of BD's hard work. At the moment I think UD-Froyo eXtreme RC2 is hot. Always so many nice options... Just wait till the source is released tho...

I am running P3 1100, but Chevy is making some very nice Kernels too, love them...

Yeah since i'm having such great success with BB v.0.21 and with a nice Bluethemed then I probably will not switch until the official source is released and then people make new ROMS based on that. I'm sure it will run way better "assuming".

Reaction score
I'm running BB v.01 with the Iron man theme. Freaking love that theme it is so beautiful. I tried SS, but I had too many problems with it.

OP
movadoevo8

movadoevo8

Reaction score
I'm running BB v.01 with the Iron man theme. Freaking love that theme it is so beautiful. I tried SS, but I had too many problems with it.

IRON MAN? I'm running Blue Themed and have not seen what the IRON MAN looks like. Do you have any pics or is there a place I can preview pics?

mkw87

Reaction score
Running JRummy Kangerade with Chevy's lv1ghz kernel. I ran Chevy's SS 4.1 before this and it was great but I love jrummy's default font....for some reason I type better/faster with it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

EbE404

Reaction score
Jrummy's Kangerade Red with a P3 1000 LV kernel. Sweeter Home for a home screen replacement and customer launcher (although what he put in the ROM is totally brilliant).

Love Pete's work, but this one is running and working out better for me.

droiduser1595

Reaction score
I just rooted yesterday and put on SS4.1 with Chevy's lv 1Ghz kernel and smoked glass theme. I love it, BUT my battery is getting EATEN UP. I can't go for more than a couple hours without the whole phone being totally drained. I'm also using UltimateJuice and it setup correctly and is doing its thing, but something is crushing my battery and I'm not really sure what it is.

I paid for Set CPU although I'm not sure exactly how its used. If the max is set to 1Ghz, min at 250Mhz, and "on demand" checked, my battery gets eaten up. Anybody else having a problem or have an idea whats goin on? I thought this ROM and this kernel would give me great battery life but i just dont know whats going on.

EbE404

Reaction score
OP
movadoevo8

movadoevo8

Reaction score
I just rooted yesterday and put on SS4.1 with Chevy's lv 1Ghz kernel and smoked glass theme. I love it, BUT my battery is getting EATEN UP. I can't go for more than a couple hours without the whole phone being totally drained. I'm also using UltimateJuice and it setup correctly and is doing its thing, but something is crushing my battery and I'm not really sure what it is.

I paid for Set CPU although I'm not sure exactly how its used. If the max is set to 1Ghz, min at 250Mhz, and "on demand" checked, my battery gets eaten up. Anybody else having a problem or have an idea whats goin on? I thought this ROM and this kernel would give me great battery life but i just dont know whats going on.

I have great battery life with 1.1 ghz p3 kernel and bbv.0.21 running froyo 2.2 and setcpu. I have mine set at 1.1ghz max and 250 min on demand as well. Also under profiles go to Sleep/Standby and set min and max to 250. I believe what that does is when your screen is black on standby its only clock at 250 saving battery life. Some kernels kill you battery life you gotta try other ones. Also check your apps make sure you did not install any new apps that has a crazy refreh interval like twitter and facebook every 15 mins or whatever and weather apps which will result to a massive battery drain.

GryphonD

Reaction score
Running Atlantis Froyo v2 now and it's running circles around others which I have used.

xRITE AIDEx

Reaction score
I just re-installed 2.2(bbv0.2.1) and I just did the P3 kernal 900 cause I'm worried about battery life in which im wondering where i can get good themes like smoked glass and easy to install by the way too. thanks!

EDIT: for some reason my battery just got drained from about half battery to zero? wtf?(this was after installing the P3 kernal)

OP
movadoevo8

movadoevo8

Reaction score
I just re-installed 2.2(bbv0.2.1) and I just did the P3 kernal 900 cause I'm worried about battery life in which im wondering where i can get good themes like smoked glass and easy to install by the way too. thanks!

EDIT: for some reason my battery just got drained from about half battery to zero? wtf?(this was after installing the P3 kernal)

That is the same exact setup im running except Im using 1.1 ghz kernel and have setcpu at 1100 aka 1.1. My battery life is great with SetCPU managing it. Test it out and see how your battery does, for me it's great.

I'm using BlueThemed its awesome. I downloaded the .zips and can email them to you later, but if you search the forums for 2.2 froyo bluethemed i'm sure you can find it. hehe. Let me know if you need it send me an email to [email protected]

Reaction score

IRON MAN? I'm running Blue Themed and have not seen what the IRON MAN looks like. Do you have any pics or is there a place I can preview pics?

Yup, here ya go. Note, this is not my theme and unfortunately I have forgotten the wonderful person who made it, someone help me out here.

cruzhm

Reaction score

I had this problem as well. What seemed to be the issue was I installed the OC kernel incorrectly or a kernel that was not meant for the version of ROM I was running. I restored my backup and it fixed it right away. Rechecked my process and did not have any more issues.