Where's Morpheus? Cause I'm in the Matrix!

Deron

Reaction score
Activated the new Razr. Everything has a green tint to it. I'll need to fiddle with the settings or just adjust to it.

4g is pretty fast but not as fast as Wi-Fi on roadrunner Turbo. Also, the phone is incredibly warm. Heat is disappating on the glass screen and the back Kevlar in an evenly spaced fashion. When I was downloading and updating all my paid apps the glass almost burned my fingers. But that was because it was downloading multiple things at once. Other than that the heat is just an adjustment thing.

Phone is thin as heck which requires an adjustment from the Droid x. My typing sucks cause my hands need to relearn proper finger placement.

Tired now. Sleep time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would swap it out for a different one

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
Deron

Deron

Reaction score
No my device works just fine. What I am seeing is what others reported in their hands on experiences. I had the brightness turned low which gives the screen a green hue. Now that I have the brightness at 100 % there is no green tint.

fflan513

Reaction score
Activated the new Razr. Everything has a green tint to it. I'll need to fiddle with the settings or just adjust to it.

4g is pretty fast but not as fast as Wi-Fi on roadrunner Turbo. Also, the phone is incredibly warm. Heat is disappating on the glass screen and the back Kevlar in an evenly spaced fashion. When I was downloading and updating all my paid apps the glass almost burned my fingers. But that was because it was downloading multiple things at once. Other than that the heat is just an adjustment thing.

Phone is thin as heck which requires an adjustment from the Droid x. My typing sucks cause my hands need to relearn proper finger placement.

Tired now. Sleep time.

Your device must be defective, I have used my RAZR extensively and experienced none of the problems you describe.

RedTarget

Reaction score
I have to agree with fflan513. I had read about the heat and the green screen, but I have experienced neither issue. My Razr was being charged while I activated it and did the intial sync and app download. Not once did it feel any warmer than any other device I've had. In fact I can honestly say that it was cooler than my Thunderbolt. The screen doesn't appear to have any green tint on mine... I even had a few coworkers look and even told them about the reports of the green screen syndrome.

Hopefully those that are having these issues can get their devices swapped out.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
No my device works just fine. What I am seeing is what others reported in their hands on experiences. I had the brightness turned low which gives the screen a green hue. Now that I have the brightness at 100 % there is no green tint.

if it gets hot and there's a green tint when the screen is on a low setting its not working fine.... its your phone do what u want with it but with heat issues you'll have many future problems with it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

RedTarget

Reaction score

I can assure you that my screen does not look like that! What i'm wondering from those photos is why the one of the Razr is so dark to the right of the device, whereas the X2 is much brighter. Doesn't look like the test environment was equal, or the camera settings were the same. Could be wrong... but my personal results do not reflect any green tint unless i'm looking at it from a very sharp angle.

OP
Deron

Deron

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with my phone. I am noticing the same two issues that others have.

" The super-thin design of the Droid RAZR has an impact on heat, especially when using the LTE connectivity. The phone actually gets hot when streaming video and during other sustained LTE activities. It is not dangerously hot, but very noticeable."

http://m.zdnet.com/blog/mobile-news...ot-quite-thin-enough-to-cut-metal-review/5400

It is just an adjustment. In a few weeks I won't even notice. It's similar to when I bought my new car a year ago. I immediately noticed the seat was very different from my previous car. Now it is normal for me.

One other issue I've now noticed. The Droid x had the micro USB port on the side. It is now on top on the Razr. It make typing in landscape mode a bit tricky while charging since the charger gets in the way.

Last edited:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
That heat has nowhere to go or be absorbed like most phones...

Maybe that's how it slices through lampposts - it melts as it goes through... :biggrin:

SANhacker

Reaction score
Nothing like this for me.
On 4G the phone is cooler than my OG.
No green screen.
I prefer the USB on top.

I love this thing. Faster than anything I have ever used. Fits great in a front pocket. Solid construction. No plastic. Removable SD card in the event of a pool incident. :)

OP
Deron

Deron

Reaction score
Does anybody know what class the micro SD card is installed on the phone. Is it a class 4? It doesn't say on the card itself.

droidvip

Reaction score
I played with a Razr in store a few days ago and whites where grey. We turned brightness all the way up but that did not help. Compared it to the Bionic and the Bionic was white. There are so many conflicting reviews is that normal or not....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
It isnt as white as some other phones. I have my Droid X1 for reference. And my Droid X1 is whiter. There is a blue tint when viewing off center at higher brightness settings. At lower settings, it does have a greenish look.

My sd card says its a class 4. Its a 4 wrapped in a C.

Now for whiteness, you probably couldnt tell unless comparing it to another phone. But you can see the blue and green with no other phone to compare it to.

RedTarget

Reaction score
With the brightness turned down and battery saver mode enabled, there is a slight gray color to whites. However I don't feel that it is overly noticeable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk