where to find z4 root

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I saw somebody say it was the stock browser but Idk. PM me your email and I'll send it to you :)

I have tried several times to download z4root from the xda developers site, but everytime I try it says "cannot download, content is not supported on this phone" Does anybody know why it would be saying this? I think I have finally built up the courage to root my DX after researching it for the past couple weeks, so if anybody could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

DroidForums Junkie!!

jsw6380a

Reaction score
I have tried several times to download z4root from the xda developers site, but everytime I try it says "cannot download, content is not supported on this phone" Does anybody know why it would be saying this? I think I have finally built up the courage to root my DX after researching it for the past couple weeks, so if anybody could help it would be greatly appreciated.

See my signature and follow it to the t and you should be fine. Pm me if you have more problems.

dirtyfingers

Reaction score
When I do root all I want to do to start is wifi tethering, overclocking/underclocking, and use titanium to freeze some bloatware. Would I need to creat a backup for that or is that mainly needed for when installing custom roms

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Rule #1: ALWAYS make a backup :)

When I do root all I want to do to start is wifi tethering, overclocking/underclocking, and use titanium to freeze some bloatware. Would I need to creat a backup for that or is that mainly needed for when installing custom roms

DroidForums Junkie!!

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Droid x bootstrapper

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You'll be using Droid X Bootstrapper by Koush and Clockworkmod Recovery. I'll walk you through that though :)
Just sent you the Z4root.apk. Go ahead and go to Settings > Applications and click the "Unknown Sources" box (Ignore the warning) and then Development and turn "USB Debugging" on.

What is the best program to use to make a backup?

DroidForums Junkie!!

dirtyfingers

Reaction score
I know that rooting your phone voids the warranty, but if something happened to my phone while it was rooted would I be able to unroot it and still use the warranty?

jsw6380a

Reaction score
The classic question................... im not answering.

jsw6380a

Reaction score
I know that rooting your phone voids the warranty, but if something happened to my phone while it was rooted would I be able to unroot it and still use the warranty?
If you follow the steps that droid does and I tell you you will be fine and never want a stock phone once you realize these things full potential.

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Oops. My comments were in the last quote.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Haha!! It happens! You wanna take this while I get back to my theme buddy?

Oops. My comments were in the last quote.

DroidForums Junkie!!

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Yep. Pm me dirtyfingers and I will walk you through it all.

jack frost

Reaction score
quick newb question. is it possible to skip the process of down loading to your pc then dumping it on the phone and just down loading it str8 to the phone?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Its possible for sure but the DXs browser is a pain at times. You can shoot me you email addy in a pm and I can send you z4root directly...no dl'd required :)

DroidForums Junkie!!