Where is downloaded Play store movie?

tituswife

Reaction score
I bought and downloaded a movie from Google Play? I'd like to save it on another SD card, but I can't find it in storage, using Astro File Manager. Does Google hide it, so you can't do that?

Thanks a bunch.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using SwiftKey

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Dang good question, I want to know too!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
If you could just move it wherever you wanted there would be nothing stopping you from giving it away to all your friends. It's either in their cloud and only usable on your device or coded in a way to be non transferable. Instead of moving it, sign into your account on the other device and it will be accessible.

It has to do with licenses and all that.

Sent from my DE Moto X

Last edited:
OP
tituswife

tituswife

Reaction score
If you could just move it wherever you wanted there would be nothing stopping you from giving it away to all your friends. It's either in their cloud and only usable on your device or coded in a way to be non transferable. Instead of moving it, sign into your account on the other device and it will be accessible.

It has to do with licenses and all that.

Sent from my DE Moto X

Thank you. I'd assumed as much, but I wanted to check with you experts! I can understand their piracy concerns.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using SwiftKey

rumblee1

Reaction score
There's an app called show box that you must download directly from them not the play store. It's awesome. You can download all movies they offer for free, then use the Sandisk app to transfer them to your SD card. Quality is fantastic. Full HD and stereo sound. I've got quite a few. I watch them when I fly. I did pay for most of them in Google play, but unless you're allowed to transfer them to the SD card, you can't even keep them on your device. Not enough internal storage. So try show box. Google it. I've been using for almost a year with no issues. By the way, they have a great selection of old and just released movies.

rumblee1

Reaction score
To give my opinion on piracy issues, in this day and age of super computers, Google could easily find a way for a purchased movie to go to your SD card but play only on your device. They're being foolish. Once you realize that you can't transfer a movie to the card, people will stop buying. When I contacted google they suggested that I could stream a movie anytime. Try doing that @ 35000 feet.

OP
tituswife

tituswife

Reaction score
There's an app called show box that you must download directly from them not the play store. It's awesome. You can download all movies they offer for free, then use the Sandisk app to transfer them to your SD card. Quality is fantastic. Full HD and stereo sound. I've got quite a few. I watch them when I fly. I did pay for most of them in Google play, but unless you're allowed to transfer them to the SD card, you can't even keep them on your device. Not enough internal storage. So try show box. Google it. I've been using for almost a year with no issues. By the way, they have a great selection of old and just released movies.

I downloaded the app. There are no directions. I type into the Search box, but there's no Go button. Thanks.

By the way, I agree about Google. There should be a way to "own" your purchases, without them fearing piracy. Droid TV does it, and they're coming back to Google (June 20?)!

Sent from my stock Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using SwiftKey