Where Has Fabolous Gone?

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Does anyone know? He seems to have just dropped off the map. His last post on the forums was 12/24, but he had some activity as late as yesterday.

I'm starting to miss him and I just hope everything is ok in his real life.

OP
devortex

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
He heard about the iPhone for Big Red.

lol jk jk

Yeah right.

Fab: "Iphone on verizon? Holy crap, screw you Android, give me a bite of that apple!!!!"

Steve Jobs: "Oh crap, here they come"

Android community: "Look, my verizon iphone runs gingerbread now, w00t"

Steve Jobs: "Nooooooooooooo"

Fab, come back. Just because you released a flawless rom doesn't mean you can just take a vacation. Just upload a new zip with updated build.prop with new version number. Tell everyone you made speed tweaks and fixed undiscovered bugs. We'll all be happy with that dancedroid

OP
devortex

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
What is his twitter?

bigxie

I forgot that that was him. I'm following him, but his name doesn't match. :)

I guess with the new ride, he's taking a break from the X

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
Fab is a moderator (or admin, not sure) over at androidforums.com. I'm sure between that, mucking around with his phone, and real life he doesn't have a ton of time on his hands. Go on over and say hi to him :) (but make sure you come back lol)

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
Hey guys,

I'm alive! :)

Just had a pretty busy past couple of weeks. Hopefully I'll be able to put some more time into ApeX starting this weekend. I've been talking with Kejar about porting over some of the features of Gummy/Liberty into ApeX (mainly the AOSP/rotary lockscreen), so hopefully that will manifest itself in the next version!

In the meantime, I hope you all are still enjoying 1.3.1! ;)

PalmerCurling

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
yes we are! im just looking to (constantly) improve what i have! ive found ApeX strikes the best balance between AOSP apps and Blur functionality (mainly in the social network contacts-to-main-contact-list.) it is one of the top5 reasons why after trying a new ROM i always reflash my nandroid of ApeX. so thank you for finding balance. the only thing im really still looking for is GalaxyS style triggers in the notification bar (i.e. the wifi, brightness, ect. toggles). is there a way to port this to ApeX? ;)

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm alive! :)

Just had a pretty busy past couple of weeks. Hopefully I'll be able to put some more time into ApeX starting this weekend. I've been talking with Kejar about porting over some of the features of Gummy/Liberty into ApeX (mainly the AOSP/rotary lockscreen), so hopefully that will manifest itself in the next version!

In the meantime, I hope you all are still enjoying 1.3.1! ;)

Fab you're driving me nuts. I need more features in ApeX to play with! :D Flawlessness is great, well except for the minor things I've bugged you about in PM. :D I'm looking forward to getting the new version. :D

KHeeney5

Reaction score
yes we are! im just looking to (constantly) improve what i have! ive found ApeX strikes the best balance between AOSP apps and Blur functionality (mainly in the social network contacts-to-main-contact-list.) it is one of the top5 reasons why after trying a new ROM i always reflash my nandroid of ApeX. so thank you for finding balance. the only thing im really still looking for is GalaxyS style triggers in the notification bar (i.e. the wifi, brightness, ect. toggles). is there a way to port this to ApeX? ;)

I don't believe the toggles can be there because of the locked bootloader. I think it is a part of CyanogenMod.

PalmerCurling

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

I don't believe the toggles can be there because of the locked bootloader. I think it is a part of CyanogenMod.
yeah i know its in CM, and its also in all GalaxyS devices. the project to hack and/or bypass the locked bootloader is underway again (follow either on the thread in the Droid X Hacks forum, or the site here: Project Bootloader Freedom created by palmercurling). Curses, foiled by Motorola again. Remember when their devices would only charge on a Motorola charger? i thought THAT was inconvenient at the time....

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Yeah. I have.been following the bootloader stuff for two or more weeks and found the website last night.

Motorola chargers were so dumb. Made me mad when I had my KRZR.

yeah i know its in CM, and its also in all GalaxyS devices. the project to hack and/or bypass the locked bootloader is underway again (follow either on the thread in the Droid X Hacks forum, or the site here: Project Bootloader Freedom created by palmercurling). Curses, foiled by Motorola again. Remember when their devices would only charge on a Motorola charger? i thought THAT was inconvenient at the time....

Sent from my DROIDX

Drummer.graham

Reaction score
Please oh please dont make apex look like gummy, rummy, or liberty. I like apex for apex. Cant stand all the roms merging into one look alike rom. I love this rom, if i wanted any part of those roms i would just install whatever part i liked myself. Soon only darkslide will stand out. Stay true to apex!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App