Where does droid store playlists?

whoatemyshat

Reaction score
I have searched everywhere (online and on the phone) looking for the location of stored playlists and cannot find them. Here is my dilemma:

Using the methods outlined here

Android Sync Music and Videos Over Wifi (Motorola Droid) | linein designs

I have set up my Droid to sync with my desktop. I use Media Monkey to manage my music and have it set to export an m3u file for each playlist every time I close the program. (This is to ensure that the most up-to-date playlist is loaded to my phone automatically)

This is where the problem comes in. When the playlist file syncs, it overwrites the old file on the phone. However, after sync, the droid media player duplicates each playlist. Each playlist has songs in it. I have not gone so far as to see if the songs in one playlist differ from the other.

Does the Droid duplicate the m3u file elsewhere? I'm sure it's on the phone and not the sd card if so. Lastly, I'd appreciate any ideas on a possible work-around for this issue. I know I can go and manually delete the old playlists from the media player, but that defeats the whole purpose of automatic sync!

thedroidgeek

Reaction score
playlist location

im also looking for the location of created playlist files. once i create playlist and then wipe my droid the file gets lost. I would like to make a copy of it to store on the SD card. :greendroid:

RhysThePiece

Reaction score
Playlists inside another file?

I've contacted T-Mobile, I've contacted Motorola, I've searched through the directories on the phone to no avail.

T-Mobile tells me to contact Motorola. Motorola escalates to "Level 2" and level 2 tells me to contact the developer and tells me some kind "click on this link,"(that doesn't exist)"on our webpage." And pretty much hangs up.

Best I can figure is it's saved similar to an M3U playlist but listed inside of one of the ODEX files, whether the file has been edited in or it's just a container, I don't know.

http://www.oschina.net/uploads/doc/...vider/MediaStore.Audio.Playlists.Members.html

mdutch

Reaction score
Sorry, just catching up with the curve here. I'm currently experimenting with my DroidX to figure out whatssup with the m3u files and how to import playlists into the Droid. Seems like it's waaay harder than it should be.

Cyberpolice

Reaction score
You can use double twister or v cast with your computer. I found double twister very useful.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

nccsa186

Reaction score
M3u files are just text files. I create them with my droid acting as a hdd and just put them in the folder with my MP3. Check wikipedia for the format of the internals, but it's super-easy.