Transfer PLAYLISTS from iPod to Droid?

JLiRD808

Reaction score
So my iPod is pooping out possibly and the Apple Store wants me to hard reset my iPod to be certain. However, I put hours and hours into creating my playlists....from libraries with thousands of songs.

I dont feel like recreating these playlists. Cant I dump these playlists somewhere and somehow onto something...reset the iPod, and then put the songs and playlists back on?

I tried transferring the playlists to my Droid. Did not work at all through Doubleflip. Any suggestions?

gmorgan056

Reaction score
Do you have the iSyncr app? it syncs to iTunes so you might be able to transfer everything including playlists over.

trublond

Reaction score
DoubleTwist, and if you had an iTouch the screen will look familiar.

OP
J

JLiRD808

Reaction score
thanks guys...i tried doubleTwist (not DoubleFlip as I first posted) and unfortunately it doesnt show my iPod playlists...It only shows "Music" and its my whole music library on my iPod not separated by playlists...so that helps a little but not where i want it.

I looked into iSyncr and almost bought it. I wasnt sure if it would let me transfer playlists either though. So the iSyncr app would allow my Droid to be detected in iTunes for real? It would be great to just drag and drop whole playlists within one program such as iTunes or doubleFlip...thats what I need right now!

Thanks again..!

2guys1droid

Reaction score
DoubleTwist SHOULD display the playlists you've created if you have created them on iTunes. Make sure you click first on "iTunes" and then scroll down in the secondary window and the playlists should be below.

Check out the tutorial of how to do this below:
2 Guys 1 Droid: SOLVED: How to Sync iTunes with Your Droid

If that STILL doesn't work, then you have 2 options. First option: recreate the playlists on iTunes and then sync to Droid. Second option: google "ipod to itunes transfer" and use any one of the paid or free programs, then sync as shown in tutorial

Should work

gmorgan056

Reaction score
The iSyncr app definitely does move your playlists. I did it last night and it had all of the playlists moved to my phone.

2guys1droid

Reaction score
a good app for getting music from an ipod to your computer is "idump" i know a bit of a childish name, but it gets the job done

bfg_z71

Reaction score
I'm pretty stupid when it comes to these things, but Doubletwist worked for me including all of my itunes playlists.

joggy

Reaction score
Is the iSyncr app an iPhone app or a Droid app? (i.e., where do I get it?)

It's in the Market.

PC version

Mac version

It really is a great way to sync all or some of you iTunes playlists to an android device. I've tried most that are on the Market and ended up staying with iSyncr as my daily driver.

Dev recently added a wifi module for the app too. Not sure how well it works, but it looks interesting. I might have to give it a shot.

CoopDawg

Reaction score
I thought your play lists were just makeshift text files on your HDD. If I am correct you could copy those, or in this case your entire iTunes directory (just in case) to a safe location, reinstall iTunes and dump the play list files back into the iTunes directory once all of your stuff is loaded.