Having trouble exporting Winamp playlists to my phone

LifeVirusZERO

Reaction score
I've tried this several times now. I deleted all of the music from my phone, and opened up winamp. Chose the two playlists I wanted, sent them to my phone, and waited a while for them to transfer. Afterwards, I let the media scanner do its thing and finally opened up MixZing (also tried with stock music player), and all of the songs are in the library, however two of my old playlists are still in there (they must not be stored with the rest of the music) and only one of the new playlists.

So I opened up the new playlist, and it only had about 10% of the songs that were supposed to be in it. The second time, the playlist just didn't have any songs in it. So, all of the songs transferred correctly, but the playlists aren't working right. Anyone know of any way to fix this? Thanks :D

kepley

Reaction score
Can you save the playlist into a different format (.m3u, .asx, .wpl) and see if that works?

OP
L

LifeVirusZERO

Reaction score
Was just doing a little more research. It seems like no one can get regular m3u playlists to work on their android phones? Unless you use itunes, which i don't. If I have to use itunes just to get the playlists on my phone, I will. Just trying to find a simpler way.

robyr

Reaction score
For what it is worth, I use Banshee, an Open Source iTunes like library. Not only does it sync my music perfectly like iTunes would an iPod or iPhone, but my playlists pull over perfectly. Including the in-built playlists such as Recently Added and Most Played. Check it out, I know it has some sort of Windows variant. Its also a KICK ASS music player.

timrock

Reaction score
For what it is worth, I use Banshee, an Open Source iTunes like library. Not only does it sync my music perfectly like iTunes would an iPod or iPhone, but my playlists pull over perfectly. Including the in-built playlists such as Recently Added and Most Played. Check it out, I know it has some sort of Windows variant. Its also a KICK ASS music player.

how are you able to sync more than one playlist? when i add a playlist it syncs fine, but when i go to sync another one, it deletes the previous playlist. im using banshee with a droid x.