Music Synching Problem

PatG

Reaction score
I have a music synching problem I am stumped over. I use Winamp to manage my playlists and synch my Droid; just started a month or so ago. It seemed to work great, except that songs seemed to be missing from the Droid. After some investigation I figured out that Winamp transfers the songs and playlists fine. I have confirmed that all the .mp3 files are on the Droid. However, when I bring up the playlist in either the stock player or Meridian a few songs are not in the playlist.

I have one playlist that has 229 songs in it. When I play the playlist in Meridian only 226 songs show up. I figured that there must be something wrong with the Tag information in the files, so I redid them, with no luck. Hooked the Droid back up the PC, went into the playlist on the Droid with Winamp, and played the songs. So I figure there is something wrong with the playlist; I just can’t figure out what it could be.

I also went through a couple of times and deleted all files and tried to re-synch. That resulted in some other files randomly not being there. After re-synching a few more times they showed up. So I think that Winamp is probably not the best way to manage / synch music.

Does anyone know of a playlist editor I can use on the Droid to check the playlist? I read that a lot of people are using iTunes and isycnr for PC; I was going to give that a try if I can’t figure out this problem. I am basically just looking to create playlists and play them in Meridian. It’s too tedious to do on the Droid so I need to do it on the PC.

Thanks.

searayman

Reaction score
I would just try synching with songbird. Its pretty easy to use. Just google it, or if you want a review check out the one I wrote in my signiture.

jrredho

Reaction score
I have a music synching problem I am stumped over. I use Winamp to manage my playlists and synch my Droid; just started a month or so ago. It seemed to work great, except that songs seemed to be missing from the Droid. After some investigation I figured out that Winamp transfers the songs and playlists fine. I have confirmed that all the .mp3 files are on the Droid. However, when I bring up the playlist in either the stock player or Meridian a few songs are not in the playlist.

I'm pretty sure by default Winamp translates some special characters in the directories and filenames it creates to transfer your music files, such as mp3, into. I'm also pretty sure that when you create your playslists with Winamp, it doesn't do that translating.

Since you're only missing a few songs/playlist, I'd be willing to bet that this is your problem. Have you searched through the Winamp forums for that issue?

good luck,
john

OP
P

PatG

Reaction score
I would just try synching with songbird. Its pretty easy to use. Just google it, or if you want a review check out the one I wrote in my signiture.

OK, I downloaded Songbird and imported a couple of my playlists. The program seems intuitive enough and easy to use. I do, however, have one questions. If I sync - manually or automatically - how do I specify the location on my SD Card where the music and playlists are transferred to. That part was pretty simple using Winamp.

Thanks.

OP
P

PatG

Reaction score
So I added folder sync to Songbird, pressed the button, and had it transfer one playlist and the associated songs. Everything seemed to work great; I unplugged the phone, and the EXACT 3 SONGS were missing again that wouldn't download with Winamp.

So I went back to those songs, retyped the tag information, and downloaded them again. This time it worked. So I guess the tags on songs must be exactly correct for either program to work.

Rasjudah

Reaction score
I used song bird and after i sync the droid the stock music player does show the playlists i created with songbird! Any help on this is appreciated.

OP
P

PatG

Reaction score
I used song bird and after i sync the droid the stock music player does show the playlists i created with songbird! Any help on this is appreciated.

If the stock player shows the playlist what's the problem?