Where did you buy Your DROID, What Did you with it. How Much Out the Door !!

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
My Report:

199.00 out the door, once I mail the rebate, 99.00 total for the DROID. Coral Springs, FL

My Sales Rep Thomas was Great !!!

Bought the Home Dock and Car Dock. They only had a few Home Docks there. All were sold before I left. Sounds like they had more car docks though.

Free Activation.

They gave me my NE2, $100 off.

I got my normal Discounts, job and such.

These Prices are with my discount applied.

I bought the Home Dock 26.99

The Car Dock 24.99

Screen Protectors 11.69

Snap On Gel Cover 11.99

Didn't buy a car charger, the Storms Car Charger works with the DROID. Saved some money there :p

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Sorry off topic on your thread dont mean to hi-jack it :D

Did you look at or test the other cases/covers they have for the Droid? How did you decide on the Gel cover? Does it slip easily in your pocket with the gel cover on? Does it collect Lint easily like I know some gel covers do?

RayPaganJr

Reaction score
Okay. Here is my report: 625.01 paid. I got two phones; two hard covers, one that attaches to your belt, one that doesn't; car charger; earbuds were free; display sheild. We'll send away for the $200. rebate.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Online $199. Free freight, free activation. No accessories yet. I will go look after work. I just didn't have time to get to a store this morning. I also didn't want to wait to order. So Fed Ex and me will be talking tomorrow! Best Buy and me tonight. I may even stop at VZW and see what accessories they have in stk too. Now I need a second device before my GF kills me :p

OP
JimMariner

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Sorry off topic on your thread dont mean to hi-jack it :D

Did you look at or test the other cases/covers they have for the Droid? How did you decide on the Gel cover? Does it slip easily in your pocket with the gel cover on? Does it collect Lint easily like I know some gel covers do?

Not off topic at all !! :icon_ lala:

They only had a few cases for the DROID there. But then my Sales REP looked at the Voyager Case I had, then said he had been using his DROID, that Verizon gave him to play with for the last week in the same case. The magnet has not bothered the DROID he has at all in the last week, so I am opting to keep my old Case, well, 3 months old, and see how it works out for me.

As for collecting lint, I have only had it for an hour now. So you will have to wait for that answer. :p

They all looked at me funny when I told them My Old Storm is going to become my Beside clock/mp3 player :icon_ lala:

Anything else I can answer for anyone, ASK ASK ASK !!

lauriep

Reaction score
Bought phone and vehicle holder online. $199, $29.99 respectively. Went to VZ store this morning and got multi-media dock (they only had a few, at first I didn't think I'd get one and I was third in line!), screen protectors and a velcro closure belt clip case. Don't really like the case, but wanted one to start with and use til I find the perfect one. Also bought car charger as that DOES NOT come with car holder as someone else stated somewhere.

Now, to wait til Monday for the phone!

OP
JimMariner

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Bought phone and vehicle holder online. $199, $29.99 respectively. Went to VZ store this morning and got multi-media dock (they only had a few, at first I didn't think I'd get one and I was third in line!), screen protectors and a velcro closure belt clip case. Don't really like the case, but wanted one to start with and use til I find the perfect one. Also bought car charger as that DOES NOT come with car holder as someone else stated somewhere.

Now, to wait til Monday for the phone!

:byestorm: YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!! :byestorm:​

Zippster

Reaction score
Went to my Super Wally world for 8 am, not a customer in site and had to shag up an empolyee to ring me, myself and my son each bought one and took them 5 minutes just to find where the droids were hidden.

$188 a piece plus tax. Had some fun annoying the sales girl as she was one of those Iphone heads and she kept insisting AT&T had improved and was equal to Verizon, told her to meet Iphones new daddy. :icon_ lala:

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Went to my Super Wally world for 8 am, not a customer in site and had to shag up an empolyee to ring me, myself and my son each bought one and took them 5 minutes just to find where the droids were hidden.

$188 a piece plus tax. Had some fun annoying the sales girl as she was one of those Iphone heads and she kept insisting AT&T had improved and was equal to Verizon, told her to meet Iphones new daddy. :icon_ lala:
I love how un-informed a lot of employees are, walmart, bestbuy, every where. they think because they work in the "Electronics Dept" they are knowledgeable...haha.

OP
JimMariner

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G

I love how un-informed a lot of employees are, walmart, bestbuy, every where. they think because they work in the "Electronics Dept" they are knowledgeable...haha.

The VERIZON SALES REPs were very well trained on it. Even had a REP form Motorola snapping pictures and video for their Facebook Page.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Why do some people get 50 NE2 and others get 99?

there was a thread yesterday that mentioned this. I think VZW changed their NE2 credit or something and depending on when you signed your contract you get the 100 or 50.

bamfsig45

Reaction score

The VERIZON SALES REPs were very well trained on it. Even had a REP form Motorola snapping pictures and video for their Facebook Page.

It was more of a general Statement on some of my pet-peeves with employees acting as though they know wtf they are talking about, not verizon in general. But Im hoping if they are representing Verizon at a non verizon store they are reputable.

OP
JimMariner

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G

It was more of a general Statement on some of my pet-peeves with employees acting as though they know wtf they are talking about, not verizon in general. But Im hoping if they are representing Verizon at a non verizon store they are reputable.

Well, Wal-Mart is what it is. I would think BB personnel should be better. But if Verizon didn't train their people, that would have been bad. But they did, just as they should too.

OP
JimMariner

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Why do some people get 50 NE2 and others get 99?

there was a thread yesterday that mentioned this. I think VZW changed their NE2 credit or something and depending on when you signed your contract you get the 100 or 50.

I believe that the NE2 credit depends on how long you have been with them, and how much you spend a month too. I think, don't take this as gospel though.