Where did you buy Your DROID, What Did you with it. How Much Out the Door !!

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am coming from a non-smartphone so all my contacts are on outlook. I will need to look around for a way to do it easily. Is there a desktop application for the roid if not are they planning one?

Use google sync! Just create an gmail acct. Then use google sync to send to it. Then sync your phone with you gmail acct. Everything should come right on over. If I understood what I read about it :)

BigTex71

Reaction score
Arrived at the Verizon store at 6:40am and only two other people were waiting for them to open at 7am. They brought out Starbucks coffee to us while we waited for 7am to come. Others showed up around 7am when they opened, but us first 3 got ours first. We all got the Media Center and Car Docks. The store only had 3 Car Docks, so everyone else was told they were sold out of the Car Docks (glad I showed up early.)

I got my NE2 $100 discount, so Droid was $199. I have already filled out and put the rebate in the mailbox for my $100 debit card. Got discounts on accessories (work-related), so I got Car Dock and Media Center for $22.49 each. I thought I got screen protectors, but it turns out I got a P.O.S. privacy protector for $9.74. [It sucks - it was slightly bowed so it would not fit flush on the screen. It is going back for the screen protectors.] I also got a leather case for my belt for $18.74. Total damage was $296.02 with taxes. Not bad considering I will get the $100 debit card in a few weeks.

texasPI

Reaction score
Arrived at the Verizon store at 6:40am and only two other people were waiting for them to open at 7am. They brought out Starbucks coffee to us while we waited for 7am to come. Others showed up around 7am when they opened, but us first 3 got ours first. We all got the Media Center and Car Docks. The store only had 3 Car Docks, so everyone else was told they were sold out of the Car Docks (glad I showed up early.)

I got my NE2 $100 discount, so Droid was $199. I have already filled out and put the rebate in the mailbox for my $100 debit card. Got discounts on accessories (work-related), so I got Car Dock and Media Center for $22.49 each. I thought I got screen protectors, but it turns out I got a P.O.S. privacy protector for $9.74. [It sucks - it was slightly bowed so it would not fit flush on the screen. It is going back for the screen protectors.] I also got a leather case for my belt for $18.74. Total damage was $296.02 with taxes. Not bad considering I will get the $100 debit card in a few weeks.

What do you think fo the leather case? DOes it have a fixed clip or is it swivel/removable?

forkup

Reaction score
I bought the phone this morning at walmart. It was a bit of a hassle because I'm on an old alltel plan. I am absolutely loving this phone so far. It's gonna be a bit of a learning curve but I welcome the challenge. Good bye RIM rip. The last phone I had before my blackberry curve was a moto e815 and i still think it's the best dumb phone ever.

BigTex71

Reaction score
What do you think fo the leather case? DOes it have a fixed clip or is it swivel/removable?

The one I got is fixed clip. Very tight clip... I had to pull at it a while to be able to fit it over my belt the fist few times. But now it is 'broken in'. It has a nice Verizon Wireless 'stamped' in the leather. Nice looking case IMO.

rgarbin76

Reaction score
I had to get mine by calling verizon today so i got to wait for my mail in rebate, but it all works out i guess. i also got the 50 instant and 100 mail in rebate.
home dock: 22.50
car dock 22.50

thegipper

Reaction score
$250 for mine, than after rebate $150. Bought a case, car charger and screen protectors. My wife works for Verizon ( about 4 years), and i am a 8 year customer of Sprint, leaving for the Droid. Just glad now that the TP2 wasn't released earlier or i would have been locked down again. I'm done with WinMo, i toughed it out for a long time.

rlivin

Reaction score
got mine online for 229.00 and 1 year commitment. will have it monday.

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
Got to Best Buy around 11:00. Found out that my appointment was ACTUALLY 11, not 11:30 like the girl said, so I got to cut in front of a dude.

Painless experience. $176 and change out the door. Immediately put on exhange email (so sweet to have), my gmail account, downloaded VVM, paired my Plantronics Voyager Pro headset, signed into Facebook and synced contacts.

OH, and got to sit in near standstill traffic for 2 hours in downtown Orlando due to shootings. What a day. Luckily, I had my Droid to keep me company and to post on Facebook from the scene. I LOVE this phone. Keyboard really isn't that bad. Screen is gorgeous. This is now my new favorite phone, replacing the Voyager as my all time favorite. AND I used my Storm car charger to top it to 100% (that's how long I was in the car that it charged up completely.

Whew, what a day so far.

aminderler

Reaction score
Got mine at the NYC 34th St early release for $299 w/mail-in rebate. I read somewhere that they were giving out a pair of Yeah Yeah Yeah's concert tickets to anyone that bought the Droid on Friday, Nov 6th. Can anyone in NYC(or anywhere else) confirm this? I forgot to ask the Verizon Reps last night.

I also have the T-Mobile G1 completely modified/rooted with Sense/Rosie UI and the Droid is waaaaay better. Totally worth losing some sleep last night!!!!

Yodes

Reaction score
Well I may not be getting the Droid...

Yup thats right. I may not be doing it. I love the droid as a phone and i even love the Eris as a phone. They are both great. However when I politely called up Verizon to tell them I was unhappy with my storm etc and ask if there was anyway i could get an early upgrade. The rep was completely and utterly rude to me. She told me "oh your one of these guys huh? Well im sorry but just because the droid came out you cant get an early upgrade." I was confused because I never mentioned the droid and she said, "Well I've dealt with about 50 of you guys who are just looking for the droid personally today." Well at that point i was getting very angry. And I said well I dont blame then they were probably all storm owners who were looking to get out of the terrible excuse for a phone RIM and Verizon sold them. I said I myself have been disgusted with the storm and have had 4 replacements of it. She then said your account only shows one replacement. I said does that mean your calling me a liar? I know that I have had 4 replacements. She said "Thats not possible, your account only says 1..." At which point I cut her off and asked her who she was to tell me what I had and hand not gotten... yada yada yada.

I guess the moral of my long ramblings (sorry) is that I am so disgusted with the way I was treated that I want to cancel this instant and go get an iPhone right now. I love verizons coverage and the droid but im so turned off from Verizon right now i just may have to go get a little :iphone: even though i :heart::motdroidhoriz::heart:

O

OCJP

I would say your treatment from VZW is an isolated incident. They are always quite nice to me when I call. And since you are not eligible for an upgrade, what did you expect? For them to say yes? C'mon. Really?

BigTex71

Reaction score
BYE! Don't let the door hit you in the rear on the way out!

You sound like you WERE trying to get a Droid discount before your time was up. And now you are going to whine because you didn't get your way. :icon_ devil:

mcb

Reaction score
I was 3 months from my "new every two" date and they upgraded me anyways.

Have you checked the Verizon website to see what it has to say about your upgradability? By all rights, I shouldn't have qualified, but the site said I did and when I went into the store, they didn't even blink.

Hopefully, you just had a cranky rep on the phone.

Good luck to you whatever you decide.