Where did the lock go?

lguerra

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
My phone (Note 10+) updated last night. I use my clipboard to store auto responses for two different businesses I run. I have always had my clipboard with these responses locked on my clipboard. I routinely clear the clipboard, but these saved responses stay put because they are locked. This morning, I woke up, started repsonding to people and I first clicked on the trash button fully expecting that only the unlocked items would be deleted. Something was different and no items were left on the clipboard. Also, the option to lock an item does not appear. What happened?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'm sorry to hear of issue..by chance do you have the clipboard saving on the edge panel? I don't use any on my phone just copy paste but I don't save any to check or advise.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

OP
lguerra

lguerra

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'm sorry to hear of issue..by chance do you have the clipboard saving on the edge panel? I don't use any on my phone just copy paste but I don't save any to check or advise.

never even use edge panel. I'm just long pressing into a text message response to pull up clipboard. This morning, I fully expected that when I cleared the clipboard by hitting the trash icon, all the copied items in the clipboard would go to the trash except the locked items. Now, as of the update, there isn't even a lock icon available that I can see in the clipboard

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
never even use edge panel. I'm just long pressing into a text message response to pull up clipboard. This morning, I fully expected that when I cleared the clipboard by hitting the trash icon, all the copied items in the clipboard would go to the trash except the locked items. Now, as of the update, there isn't even a lock icon available that I can see in the clipboard
I'm assuming that you're using the Samsung keyboard so when you type on it you hit the clipboard icon and then you have saved stuff in there? I'm looking on my Samsung phone. I have a Z fold. I don't see anywhere to see where the deleted ones are to reinstate

OP
lguerra

lguerra

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
So, before this update, the clipboard had a lock option. It is now gone and the only option is to "pin" an item. There is a little pin symbol and a trash can in the top right hand corner of the clipboard. Previously, this was a lock. I cannot find the lock anywhere now.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
So, before this update, the clipboard had a lock option. It is now gone and the only option is to "pin" an item. There is a little pin symbol and a trash can in the top right hand corner of the clipboard. Previously, this was a lock. I cannot find the lock anywhere now.
That is what I'm seeing. Also I see the pin. I never really looked at it before so I believe you had a lock.. have you tested the pin and see what it does?