Where are the default ringtones stored? Trying to fix Ringdroid issue.

Hartsoid

Reaction score
Used Ringdroid to create a custom default ringtone, however, whenever the phone is rebooted it loses this setting and the tone doesn't appear in the ringtone list anymore.

I checked the file mnt/sdcard/media/audio/ringtones and the tones created by ringdroid are being stored there in mp3 format, but even when I try to get them to play from that location the phone says it can't play the file. Any suggestions?

I'm thinking if someone can tell me where motorola stores the default ringtones I can copy/paste my custom tone there?

THANKS!

km75

Reaction score
What exactly do you mean when you say "it loses this setting"?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

OP
Hartsoid

Hartsoid

Reaction score
Once I finish making the custom tone, Ringdroid asks if you would like to make it the default ringtone. I allow it, and this setting stays in effect for days. If you go to settings>sound>phone ringtone you can see the custom tone name displayed, and it even appears in the phone ringtones selection menu.

However, once the phone powers off and back on again this is no longer in effect. When an incoming call is received the default stock ringtone is heard. If you go to settings>sound>phone ringtones is displays "Unknown ringtone".

NiteCloak

Reaction score
Sounds like you need root to make the ringtone Read only or something.

Sorry that's not being too helpful but I am kind of interested to know the right answer too.

km75

Reaction score
Did you move the ringdroid app to the sd card for some reason? The only thing that I can think of why this would be happening is if your sd card isnt re-mounting correctly after boot. Like if you have your phone connected to your laptop via the usb cable when your phone rings the ringtone will be revert back to the default because your sd card is not mounted on the phone. But once you disconnect from the computer your sd card will remount and the ringdroid ringtones will be set back.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

sglfx

Reaction score
I was having the same problem. Took advise from the original Droid and created a new folder on the SD card called ringtones and placed the tones there now under settings the ring tone name is displayed not the default and all the others are listed.

titangreiners

Reaction score
Copying ringtones to SD card folder worked! Thanks!

Copying ringtones to SD card folder worked! Thanks!

ramesh2013

Reaction score
Location of default ringtones

Used Ringdroid to create a custom default ringtone, however, whenever the phone is rebooted it loses this setting and the tone doesn't appear in the ringtone list anymore.

I checked the file mnt/sdcard/media/audio/ringtones and the tones created by ringdroid are being stored there in mp3 format, but even when I try to get them to play from that location the phone says it can't play the file. Any suggestions?

I'm thinking if someone can tell me where motorola stores the default ringtones I can copy/paste my custom tone there?

THANKS!

Location of default ringtones: /system/media/audio/ringtones