When will there be games like iPhone/iTouch

OP
H

hubdroid

Reaction score
would like to see more games like Madden, scoopes etc.. But as I think about it, I remeber having my ipod and iphone and wondering when the heck they will have games for the iphone unlike the goofy games for the ipod using the wheel. It's just all the puzzle games, rediculous "sexy" games and they need to find a way in the market to eliminate games that have an update to show up in "just in".

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
well we even have asphalt 5 now and more good games to come :).

GLoombert

Reaction score
What do you think about games like this one?
[video=youtube;eg_-esvG7Aw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg_-esvG7Aw"]YouTube - iSniper 3D Episode 1 Preview[/video]

Is there something similar available for droids?

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
doesnt look that bad. much better as icommando, that is also been ported from iphone to android. but hey, whats more important : any news on your own game ? :)

Last edited:

Riddick

Reaction score
Do people really buy their phone to play games anyhow?

Do people really buy phones to browse the internet?
Do people really buy phones to listen to music?
Do people really buy phones to take pictures with a camera?

Not trying to be sarcastic, just pointing out that the entire purpose of these new "smartphones" is that we don't have to carry around 5 different devices, we can have it all in one device!

Back on topic; The droid has lots of great games already, we'll get more and better games as time goes on. The iphone has been out for years, when the PS3 came out did people complain that it didn't have as many games as the PS2? No. Obviously it takes time for them to get made. Until the DROID came along Android didn't have a super successful device, now they do and more game developers will start supporting the platform.

Riddick

Reaction score
not native. but i think with this app. http://www.netmite.com/android/index.html

I tested it out and it does work, though most of the games play like crap.

First I took one of my old cellphone games I used to play and used the jar and jad files to create an .apk that android could install, it worked. The game didn't fill the entire screen but touch and the D-pad both worked as control options.

After that I went looking for some other java cellphone games until I remembered that they all SUCKED. Even the worst android or iphone games are better than your typical normal cellphone games.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score

Not trying to be sarcastic, just pointing out that the entire purpose of these new "smartphones" is that we don't have to carry around 5 different devices, we can have it all in one device!
Different people do different things with their smartphones. It amazes me that people still think that their usage is the only way to use their particular device.

PS3 is backward compatible to PS2. At least it emulate PS2 well enough to run most of old games. It's even compatible with PS1.
We have quite a few emulators available to us.

Sweettooth

Reaction score

Different people do different things with their smartphones. It amazes me that people still think that their usage is the only way to use their particular device.

Yeah someone hopped on the unintentional sarcasm train before I could. It's not that we bought the phone to play games, it's that we bought a rather expensive phone in the hopes it'd do whatever the hell we wanted it to, thereby justifying it's price and saving us from carrying around extra clutter. The phone screams convenience, it has no purpose, not even calling people can be considered a primary use anymore. They'd probably just call them smart devices if it didn't take so long to say. ;)

jRaskell

Reaction score
PS3 is backward compatible to PS2. At least it emulate PS2 well enough to run most of old games. It's even compatible with PS1.

PS3 was backward compatible with PS2 games. The latest hardware does not support the older games in an effort to reduce the cost of the console. Only the early versions of PS3 consoles can play PS2 games.

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
how does removing a backward emulation reducing costs ? or isn´t it just software ? greets.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Actually I thought it was the other way around. When PS3 first came out they said it only played a select handful of PS1/PS2 titles, which along with it's ridiculous price, was the first thing that kept me from buying one. I'd heard that had since been corrected and you could play any old Playstation game on the PS3. If this is wrong then I guess I'm still not buying one; just wait til PS4...