When Will the ThunderBolt Be Available for Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but u can get an og droid for 100 bucks just an option because I think a restocking fee is like a hundred bucks anyway

What's up with pulling the commercials from YouTube? Are they making a change to add a date? That could have been done quickly and gone back up. Or are they delaying this device "indefinitely" because of issues and pulling all marketing for the time being? I have seen many commercials on tv for the TB lately, but did not notice any last night. I still find it hard to believe that the so-called battery issues were not noticed until now and are causing an additional delay. There is something fishy going on here. At this point, I just hope this phone comes out ever!

P.S. Thanks for officially banning stumbleflyx mods, that guy was seriously getting on everyone's nerves. It must have been some kind of bot spewing all those worthless comments or something, there's no way that was a real person, no one could be that annoying.

I just want a new phone haha
I waited 2 years for my upgrade, I've waited a couple months for the Thunderbolt, and now...who knows.
Worth the wait. I bought an og over a year ago on someone elses line, or id be there with you. I say wait, you'll see its worth it when you go from a mediocre phone to the tb. If I can be patient, anyone can.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

What's up with pulling the commercials from YouTube? Are they making a change to add a date? That could have been done quickly and gone back up. Or are they delaying this device "indefinitely" because of issues and pulling all marketing for the time being? I have seen many commercials on tv for the TB lately, but did not notice any last night. I still find it hard to believe that the so-called battery issues were not noticed until now and are causing an additional delay. There is something fishy going on here. At this point, I just hope this phone comes out ever!

P.S. Thanks for officially banning stumbleflyx mods, that guy was seriously getting on everyone's nerves. It must have been some kind of bot spewing all those worthless comments or something, there's no way that was a real person, no one could be that annoying.

They could've just pulled them to cover their end. People were bombaring their official fb page with tb comments. Bmx says its soon, I'm with him.

Also yeah, +1 for the banhammer.

They could've just pulled them to cover their end. People were bombaring their official fb page with tb comments. Bmx says its soon, I'm with him.

But dont you think pulling the ads are just going to cause more people to flip out on Verizons facebook, etc? Like saying why did you take it all down? You know?

And perhaps Best Buy's end. Guy who connected with me on Live Mobile chat said that 25% of chats were about the Thunderbolt. I'd be pissed if I had to answer questions about the Thunderbolt because Verizon decided to change a date last minute.

I bet Best Buy and Verizon are sick of getting calls about this phone for sure. Some people have been checking daily, or at least weekly, with their stores, plus all the online CSR chats, but they have no worthwhile information to give us.

Has BMX said "soon" though? His recent posts have seemed pretty pessimistic. It sounds like sometime in March (maybe his originally quoted 3/17 date?), but he doesn't sound like he is confident it will be early March at this point. Fingers will remain crossed to see it sometime this upcoming week though.

Has BMX said "soon" though? His recent posts have seemed pretty pessimistic. It sounds like sometime in March (maybe his originally quoted 3/17 date?), but he doesn't sound like he is confident it will be early March at this point. Fingers will remain crossed to see it sometime this upcoming week though.

2 Days ago:
@black_man_x are you confident that the thunderbolt will be out before the end of march?

BMX: @DrayBlack end of march?? Heck ya! Maybe feb if we can get this unicorns to stay in their boxes.

IDK what unicorns is but it sounds promising.

Also interesting:
BMX: @Tech_Addiction @Miami1683 Battery life issues on a new device on a new network?!? Who would have guessed!!

Miami1683: @black_man_x @Tech_Addiction I think its a network issue lol j/k

Stopped by a non-Corporate Verizon store today...

StinkyPete: "What have you heard about the TB?"
VZW Store: "Not out yet..."
StinkyPete: "I know that, I mean have you heard about a release date?"
VZW Store: "They don't tell us anything..."
StinkyPete: "Do you have a date for when they will announce the date?"
VZW Store: "Who knows... I go on those Android boards on the Internet... they know as much as anyone does."

I no longer find it fun to speculate on release dates, nor speculate on reasons for the delays. The Thunderbolt will come out when it comes out. Until that day arrives, I'll just wait patiently.

I no longer find it fun to speculate on release dates, nor speculate on reasons for the delays. The Thunderbolt will come out when it comes out. Until that day arrives, I'll just wait patiently.

I like your thought process!!!!!!! Patients is the key.

All it took was a PM. The Mods here get a lot of whining and garbage, but my experience with them has been great.

You would think that the battery life issue (if it is true) would have been caught earlier on in testing... unless a recent software/firmware change caused it to degrade much more quickly than before. Unless that change was a heavy duty requirement (or too tightly intertwined with other changes), you would think it could be backed out and resolved after the fact and then pushed via a post-release OTA fix.

I would love to see what the user acceptance test requirements are for battery life on the phone (or any phone). The talk time/standby time stats phones usually come out with are bogus since that metric is essentially the same one that was used 10 years ago - nobody uses a smartphone JUST for talk and standby. There should be new metrics for battery life like; low use, moderate use, heavy use... and define them consistently across manufacturers.

I imagine the battery drain is not from LTE, but rather from the radio searching for an LTE connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back