2.2 froyo release
the non-pirated version because i am taking a trip to Chicago for lollapaloza
and i am going to be computer less

rcjames

Reaction score
2.2 froyo release

OMG none google os is pirated, who made you think that? It's open source just like linux. Infact google os is linux android is very limited though so i call it linux based. Someone wanting an android should know about this, yea this is good for noob but also good for linux freaks too. dancedroid

OP
D

Dr Dainer

Reaction score
2.2 froyo release

OMG none google os is pirated, who made you think that? It's open source just like linux. Infact google os is linux android is very limited though so i call it linux based. Someone wanting an android should know about this, yea this is good for noob but also good for linux freaks too. dancedroid

so when is a little message going to appear and update my phone :eek:hmy:

rcjames

Reaction score
2.2 froyo release

Eh...... I'm still waiting for my phone. But you should receive some type of message for the upgrade on the 13 or you can download it manually and install it. Without a hack version of 2.2.

OP
D

Dr Dainer

Reaction score

Eh...... I'm still waiting for my phone. But you should receive some type of message for the upgrade on the 13 or you can download it manually and install it. Without a hack version of 2.2.

and is the hacked version reliable??

rcjames

Reaction score

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/66202-alert-official-2-2-froyo-here-download-now.html

I would just wait, no need to upgrade if phone is already working so well. Upgrading could always break. Let just wait until other tell us its ok. It's like when people upgraded to window vista from xp, it had alot of compatibility problem big time. But android 2.2 isn't as bad and its what everyone is looking forward of just like me but its good to hold on its burly being official.

Last edited:
OP
D

Dr Dainer

Reaction score

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/66202-alert-official-2-2-froyo-here-download-now.html

I would just wait, no need to upgrade if phone is already working so well. Upgrading could always break. Let just wait until other tell us its ok. It's like when people upgraded to window vista from xp, it had alot of compatibility problem big time. But android 2.2 isn't as bad and its what everyone is looking forward of just like me but its good to hold on its burly being official.

i just want to know when the official update is coming out

rcjames

Reaction score
2.2 froyo release

You will be waiting for more then a week upto 2 weeks not more then 3 weeks.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score

i just want to know when the official update is coming out

This is the official update. Straight from Google's servers. They release it slowly in case it causes problems. As mentioned above it will be a few weeks before everyone gets it. You could be today or in a few weeks. Installing the link above is no different than waiting for Google to send it to you. I have never rooted/ROMed, but always have installed the Google version manually and have never had a problem. Just my $0.02.

xliderider

Reaction score
There seems to be a problem with the OTA update. Rumor has it that Motorola/Verizon is going to push out a new update next week.

If you haven't installed the FRG01B update yet, you might want to hold off on it. :)