Bah.. Not receiving notifications when on WiFi, and Locations not updating correctly.

meteron

Reaction score
This issue started before rooting the phone. I noticed it while I was away this weekend. I was at a friends place and he lives in an area with no cell coverage, so I switched to Airplane Mode and then turned on WiFi. After a few hours, I noticed that I was getting no notifications from Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp, etc. I rebooted the phone... all was well.

Last night, same exact thing happened at home, but before I rebooted the phone, all the notifications started working again. Is this related to the WiFi issues I have been hearing about with this phone? It showed that it was connected the whole time. I have a Linksys E3200 at home... I am unsure what my friend had at his place. This happens with the screen on and when off... so it is not that.

Also after my trip last weekend, my location was not updating correctly with GPS off (and the other two options still on). When it was off, my phone thought I was still in Peoria, IL (I live in Chicago). I would turn GPS on... updated me to Chicago fine (even without a GPS lock). Turn GPS back off.. it threw me back into Peoria. What gives? Again a reboot solved the issue.. but sheesh.

Again, I am just rooted at this point. Still on stock.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

Your phone should be working fine with that router but there may be a configuration issue with the router itself. I don't think being rooted is any part of the problem. I have a link below with suggestions for checking the router communications.