"My Location" and GPS Issues

SonicMax

Reaction score
I was hoping Froyo would fix this issue, but no avail...

Lately, my Droid X hasn't been able to find my location. Whether it be using the GPS, or the "Placed" application, or just going to the google homepage, I haven't had any luck, which means that when I go to use my GPS and I try to go from My Location, it never gives me Driving Navigation directions.

I usually have my GPS off and my phone would still know my location. I've found that when I have Wi-Fi on, it finds my location very easily, but the minute I turn it off, I'm out of luck, even if I have GPS and Assisted GPS enabled.

Does anyone know if this is a bug or something wrong with my specific phone? The places app tells me to "enable a My Location source in system settings" but I can't find that option.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

truckrod

Reaction score
It may help if you also toggle.use wireless connection enabled with the gps enabled. Under setting/ location security

OyVOid

Reaction score
Be in Browser mode, then you can go to menu-settings-privacy settings then check the box that says Enable my location.

OyVOid

Reaction score
Oops, just realized you have Droid X. Here's your phone:

To set your location, press Menu > Settings > Location & security > Use GPS satellites and/or Use wireless networks.

OP
S

SonicMax

Reaction score
I have those enabled and it still doesn't like to work consistantly unless I use Wi-Fi. Its hit or miss at the best.

I don't keep my GPS on unless I'm getting driving directions, yet I'm certain that my phone knew my relative location anyway.

tfc6154

Reaction score
at least your gps is working. all gps settings on my phone is disable/gray-out after upgraded to 2.2. i used it a lot and i'm stuck without it. any suggestions ...

msjohnson2868

Reaction score
Saw another thread on this that suggested downloading the "GPS Status" app. My wife's X was having this same issue...downloaded it tonight and will try it out in the morning. My X isn't having the problem at all. Both newly updated to 2.2.

hoff56501

Reaction score
samething, verizon told me it is a known issue with the 2.2/ they had no idea when the fix would happen other then the 4th quarter