When cyanogenmod 7.1 will come out for the droid x???

B

BradMan

Sorry I'm new to roms and stuff but I've heard many people talking about cyanogenmod was the best. I looked on their website and they only have nightly builds not stable. I was wondering if builds are safe and what kind of bugs they have if they are safe or when the stable build of 7.1 will come out. Are they even going to make 7.1 for the droid x?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I am not sure why they do not have 7.1 listed for the Droid X, I have not been keeping close tabs on the official nightlies. I do know that recent nightlies are going to be builds of 7.1. And as far as them being safe I have always felt even the nightly builds of CM to be pretty stable. I have never hesitated to use them as daily drivers.

OP
B

BradMan

Thanks so much for answering my question and I have a couple more questions: Are nightlies like pre releases of 7.1? What kind of bugs do the nightlies have if i were to download the latest one because i hear people talking about how there is no 720p video recording or no charging screen when powered off? Do you have to wipe every time if you want to update to the newest nightly?

Last edited by a moderator:

706woodman

Reaction score
cm7 is great stuffI have been on the nightly's for a while now and I have had only a few problems with the roms.I think i started at about the 66 zip and now Im at 143 ,I think somewhere after 143 zip the torch light has a bug and will force close.i use this every day with no trouble.i wipe every time i install but i dont think you have to i just do it out of habbit.as far as the 720p maybe someone who knows more about that will chime in i hope this helps.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
They are not pre-releases actually, 7.1 has been released and the newer nightlies are builds of 7.1 that are newer and technically would be working towards 7.2 (if they ever do it). Like mentioned above there is an issue with torch but since I have nit been using them I do not know what it is or the fix. And for the last 2 things your phone does have to be on to charge and there is no 720p recording or playback.

OP
B

BradMan

I'm reading the tutorial for installing cyanogenmod 7 and I was wondering if you still need to sbf back to froyo 2.3.340 to install since the tutorial is a little old? And also is there still a need for the camera/youtube fix and google apps since the camera's 720p doesnt work anyways?

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm reading the tutorial for installing cyanogenmod 7 and I was wondering if you still need to sbf back to froyo 2.3.340 to install since the tutorial is a little old? And also is there still a need for the camera/youtube fix and google apps since the camera's 720p doesnt work anyways?

If your wanting to install the official nightlies... Yes... You will have to downgrade to 340... As the official nightlies aye running off of the froyo kernel still...
And last I heard... Yes.. You will still need to install razorloves all in one fix...
And yes... For cm7.. You well need to install the google apps file...
And there is 720p recording... I know it's integrated to the unofficial nightlies on the ginger kernel... Not sure if it will work right on the froyo kernel though

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer