Cyanogenmod 7.1 for Droid x?

OP
E

esmier

Reaction score
So when 7.1 becomes available is it just a wipe dalvik and flash as before? Or will I need to wipe data and cache as well?

[witty pun concerning the current ROM and custom memory script on my device]

Its just a wipe dalvik as long as you are on a cyanogenmod 7+ nightly or otherwise

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
E

esmier

Reaction score
So the update is showing up under nightlies for several devices. I assume it will for the Droid x too, but it still has not been updated yet.

OP
E

esmier

Reaction score
Should be up now. Nightly 118

creaky

Reaction score
Should be up now. Nightly 118

Thanks for your response to my post. I'm on nightly 113 so a dalvik wipe should be all I need.

So nightly 118 is 7.1? That seems strange: I looked at the changelog and it looks like just another nightly update. Could be that I'm not techy enough to tell the difference. And when I click on "stable" on the CM mirror site there's nothing listed.

OP
E

esmier

Reaction score
Well honestly I am surprised they didnt list it as stable, but it is now updated to android 2.3.7 and that is the main feature from 7.1

OP
E

esmier

Reaction score
So 118 is 7.1 because I'm gonna flash shortly

Yup. Also camcorder isn't working again and the fix that was out actually brakes the camera app all together.

NeoandGeo

Reaction score
Can you install nightly build 118 over a previous nightly in the 70-90 or so range? My GF is on CM7 straight from a Froyo SBF. Seeing all the talk about GB CM7 and different kernels scares me a bit, haha.

clueless77

Reaction score
Well the camcorder isn't an issue for me but if the biggest thing is 2.3.7 that's already on revnumbers builds for gb and the new liquid 3.0, so not much reason to flash I'm guessing

OP
E

esmier

Reaction score
Yes you can. The kernal stuff only matters if your on a gingerbread kernal. As far as I know, you can flash over any of the nightlys without a full wipe as long as you are above nightly 76 or so.

OP
E

esmier

Reaction score
I beloved it was. Also the camera fix does work. My phone was just being weird

J

JriderG

Nightly 115 was on 2.3.7, so was that notice from cyanogen just giving an updated list of devices?