What's your highest Droid X overclock?

Reaction score
I'm expecting the Droid X in the mail on Monday and I'm just wondering; what can I expect as a STABLE overclock for it?

I had my Droid 1 overclocked to 1200Mhz with an ULV kernal.
Then I got an iPhone so...no overclock there.
Then, Droid Incredible, stable at 1036Mhz

What's your highest 24/7 stable overclock?
What kernal?

droid234

Reaction score
I'm expecting the Droid X in the mail on Monday and I'm just wondering; what can I expect as a STABLE overclock for it?

I had my Droid 1 overclocked to 1200Mhz with an ULV kernal.
Then I got an iPhone so...no overclock there.
Then, Droid Incredible, stable at 1036Mhz

What's your highest 24/7 stable overclock?
What kernal?

See Sig below.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
there are no kernals for the droid x so you have to oc in an app. most people would report 1200 as the most stable but you may be able to get as high as 1350 or 1400, depends phone to phone.

OP
skatingrocker17
Reaction score
If if I used SetCPU I could go as high as I wanted? Unlike the Droid where I could only go as high as the kernal allowed me to?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
no set cpu doesnt work to overclock. there are several oc apps in the market including droid overclock and quickclock. generally the highest you are reccomended/able to go is 1.42ghz

OP
skatingrocker17
Reaction score
no set cpu doesnt work to overclock. there are several oc apps in the market including droid overclock and quickclock. generally the highest you are reccomended/able to go is 1.42ghz

Which would you recommend?

pool_shark

Reaction score
I went as high as 1.3, but it was getting too hot, so I backed off to 1.2, no issues.

silver04v

Reaction score
I recommended quickclock advanced. It scans your phone and gets a set of numbers that should work. Sometimes you need to tweak it cause the numbers are a little off but it has different modes to choose from which I like.

droidx with some mods..

leonozug

Reaction score
On the Market buy JRummys Droid X Overclock app. Works awesome!! Go on Youtube an look up "Droid X Overclock app" and there are videos that show you all about it.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I used jrummys app and really liked all the features offered.

I was able to overclock to any setting but non were stable for me. The phone would always at some point random reboot.

It's possible that with some effort in tweaking settings I could have found something stable but never took the time. But even so there were other useful features in jrummys app that made it worth the purchase.

OP
skatingrocker17
Reaction score
Thanks for you help guys. I'll be messing around with all of this tomorrow. I really wish I could use SetCPU though because I bought it, even though that was like year ago.

bicycleray

Reaction score
You can still use setcpu to help choose you range still. I use mainly for the widget on my x but the app like jrumny is what will allow setcpu to see the the higher frequencies.

Sent from my DROIDX

droid234

Reaction score
I tried Milestone Overclock at a preset value of 1300 MHz/80 vsel. At that setting, it never fails to hang.