Whats the best Video player you've found?

Houndstooth

Reaction score
I like Act 1 too, but I've had a couple problems with it. I've had the same audio/video sync issue someone above mentioned and it lags during action scenes, e.g. bar fight scene during Star Trek. Neither of those two things happen when I play the same video with the stock video program.

micp1480

Reaction score
I am watching Andrea Bocelli in concert from Las Vegas, and I can't tell you how picture perfect it is. I swear I am watching high definition. My two programs that marriage well to make this all possible is Wondershare and Act 1 Video player. Wondershare eliminates all the guess work, for there is a selection for the Droid on it. Check it out.

MICP1480

yanky_au

Reaction score
thanks bubbleflubber, very helpful. handbrake for conversion and act for player is the moral to the story? you seem to know your stuff, is that what you are doing......i wanna be like you :)

SMR561

Reaction score
Is there a player that would allow me to change the icon pic of a video so I can put on an image of the dvd cover instead of a clip of the movie so I know what I'm choosing.

Reaction score
I just downloaded Act 1 and I found it to be less in sync than Meridian.

However, I was wondering if anyone has any info on the new version of Meridian.

The description has changed to state it now collects user data instead of ads.

Here is what the dev says he's collecting:

Ewiger Sandkasten: All about Meridian's data collection

This is what I found about Flurry:

Flurry: Analytics

Anyone have any info beyond this? I found Meridian is great because I can do a battery pull in the middle of a movie and it remembers my place when I restart the movie and it seems to have decent features.

Reaction score
Is there a player that would allow me to change the icon pic of a video so I can put on an image of the dvd cover instead of a clip of the movie so I know what I'm choosing.

I personally like Meridian ( there are other 3rd party apps that do this) because you can just name the file, put it in a directory on the SD card and then select it by name. Then you don't have to worry about an icon. Rip with handbrake, name it what you want and put it on SD card and watch it.

bubbleflubber

Reaction score
Sorry it took so long

thanks bubbleflubber, very helpful. handbrake for conversion and act for player is the moral to the story? you seem to know your stuff, is that what you are doing......i wanna be like you :)

You are too kind.... :) Yeah, I went through a lot of hoops when I started converting videos years ago... before the huge amount of software releases of late that do the dirty work for you and make the process much simpler. I learned a lot about aspect ratios and why certain mathematical formulas were used get appropriate output files, etc.

I do get long-winded from time to time, and I apologize for that. Yes, you are correct that Handbrake is a very nice solution (for both Windows and Mac) to encode your videos to a very nice quality file appropriate for your Droid.

Personally, I love Act 1 Video Player, as it provides a nice playback setting for the videos themselves.

If anyone is interested, I can post some custom Handbrake settings that will work for both iPod and Droid viewing, and is designed to max out the quality to an almost insane level. (This, of course, is at the expense of a larger file size, and again, at that screen size, it is subjective to whether or not the eye will notice the difference.)

Handbrake + Act 1 = a great combo for me!

On a side and alternate note, the developers of CorePlayer are indeed working on Android support in the near future... hopefully. This will open up MUCH more flexible file types and codecs able to be played by the Droid. Unfortunately, they are waiting for the SDK for Android to open up some "holes" (for lack of a better term) so it can be universal for all Android devices. Until that happens, native support for most ".avi" files will not be available.... (There are workarounds, but none that work superbly well, that I've found.)

Reaction score
I'd be interested in those custom handbrake settings if u could post them
File size not a big deal to me but quality is.