What's the best Rom, and what are the pros and cons off each?..

bp3721

Reaction score
Im trying to decide which rom to get, I see there are several different ones to choose from.. I've mostly seen people talk about gingerbread? So im leaning towards that.. I would really appreciate if someone could help..

Sent from my DROID2

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you want a froyo rom, i would recommend liberty. The best IMO. I'm not on gb yet but I heard zombiestomped and liberty gb are great (not without bugs though.) If you want a stable rom that's customizable, smooth and fast, go liberty 2.0. Check out the liberty toolbox in the market for an idea.

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

OP
B

bp3721

Reaction score
Okay than, im going to read up on liberty 2.0... is that what you use? Have u experienced any problems?

Sent from my DROID2

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
+1 for Liberty 2.0.1

Fast, stable, and very customizable.
Also, if your not very tech savvy, I would stay away from GB ROMS.
Just my opinion, but if you are going for GB roms, id go for Zombiestomped.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Okay than, im going to read up on liberty 2.0... is that what you use? Have u experienced any problems?

Sent from my DROID2

I have been using it for about 2 months now, and haven't seen any problems.

*ALSO*

If you haven't, make a backup of your current ROM just incase.
Especially is your on stock froyo.

OP
B

bp3721

Reaction score
Yeah I've backed up my stock froyo with bootstrapper and titanium.. so if I download the liberty 2.0 rom and then want to go back to stock froyo it wont be difficult will it?

Sent from my DROID2

OP
B

bp3721

Reaction score
+1 for Liberty 2.0.1

Fast, stable, and very customizable.
Also, if your not very tech savvy, I would stay away from GB ROMS.
Just my opinion, but if you are going for GB roms, id go for Zombiestomped.

Oh okay thanks for the info

Sent from my DROID2

dmoriarty

Reaction score
If you want Froyo I would go with Rubix. It was the fastest, smoothest, and had great battery life.

For Gingerbread I would go with Zombie Stomped for the same reasons as above.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I've backed up my stock froyo with bootstrapper and titanium.. so if I download the liberty 2.0 rom and then want to go back to stock froyo it wont be difficult will it?

Sent from my DROID2

No. You can just flash your backup in clockwork. In the worst case sbf. I would do liberty. Real quick when you go to flash it, in clockwork go to mounts and make sure you click mount system and mount data (i do this just in case, it won't hurt), then wipe data and flash liberty (install zip from sd.) Let me know if you have any other questions

OP
B

bp3721

Reaction score
If you want Froyo I would go with Rubix. It was the fastest, smoothest, and had great battery life.

For Gingerbread I would go with Zombie Stomped for the same reasons as above.

I just installed liberty 2.0 ... going to see how I like it for a while.. but will def check up on froyo.. thanks

Sent from my DROID2

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score

Sent from my DROID2

Its VERY easy.

Once you backed up in bootstrapper, and installed Liberty or whatever you want, I would make a backup of your new ROM too.

If you ever want to switch back to another saved backup, do this.

1. Open DX Bootstrapper
2. Click the first option
3. Click the second option
4. Use volume rockers to go to Backup/Restore
5. Click restore and choose the file named after the date you backed up
6. Your good, and it may take 5-10 minutes, possibly more.

I have done it about 10+ times.

Again, i'd recommend Liberty for your first ROM.
They have a Liberty Toolbox app that gives you several easy ways to customize, making it simple. There are 15+ themes to choose from to, by going to download ROM option in Liberty TB.

Its also very fast and stable. Then again, basically every ROM is better than stock Froyo/GB, so its up to you.

OP
B

bp3721

Reaction score

Sent from my DROID2

Its VERY easy.

Once you backed up in bootstrapper, and installed Liberty or whatever you want, I would make a backup of your new ROM too.

If you ever want to switch back to another saved backup, do this.

1. Open DX Bootstrapper
2. Click the first option
3. Click the second option
4. Use volume rockers to go to Backup/Restore
5. Click restore and choose the file named after the date you backed up
6. Your good, and it may take 5-10 minutes, possibly more.

I have done it about 10+ times.

Again, i'd recommend Liberty for your first ROM.
They have a Liberty Toolbox app that gives you several easy ways to customize, making it simple. There are 15+ themes to choose from to, by going to download ROM option in Liberty TB.

Its also very fast and stable. Then again, basically every ROM is better than stock Froyo/GB, so its up to you.

Thanks, you've been a big help.. I appreciate it

Sent from my DROID2

OP
B

bp3721

Reaction score
I've seen people talk about the nighlies in the liberty toolbox... is that something I should look into being that I just flashed the liberty rom for my first time

Sent from my DROID2

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
The nightlies are for liberty gingerbread. If you are interested you will need to dl the gb leak and then dl the donate toolbox and get the nightly that way. If you want to, do that, but i would just enjoy liberty for a min before deciding