ROm Recommendations

A509_1980

Reaction score
Im an Android Newbie using a D2, I am planning on rooting my phone, but I would like some feedback on which ROM I should use, and maybe some different features I should consider in deciding which ROM to work with. Thank you.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
There are froyo roms and gingerbread roms. Gingerbread roms are run off the leaked build and I have yet to find one without any issues. I prefer stability, thus I stayed with froyo and more specifically, GummyJAR 2.5. While its not one of the newer roms released, I find it to have the features I like and the stability that in my opinion is unmatched. See the link in my signature for the download and also see the gummyjar rom section for the main rom thread, which includes instructions and details.

Edit: I would also like to add that this is my epic 420 post. Headacious.

Last edited:

xust

Reaction score
With Froyo (android 2.2): Check this thread out to make it a little easier on you: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-roms/87309-list-all-working-d2-roms.html (ONLY froyo ROMs are listed--hasn't been updated in a while apparently.

As for the features between the Froyo ROMs, check the thread (found in the link I posted above) and skim through it to find the different features. They're all kind of similar, with a few different tweaks here and there.

Basically pick one, and try it out. Once you root and get CWM working, give each a try and find your favorite. Liberty and Fission are most common with people I know/talk to with a froyo ROM on their D2/DX.

There is only one Gingerbread based ROM aside from the stock Motorola Gingerbread leak (as far as I know at least). ZombieStomped is that ROM, and it's pretty sweet. Since the dev's are actually working on it, it's only going to get better. Keep an eye out. (this forum!)

Personally, I'd stick with a gingerbread based ROM. They looks good, runs great, and you just can't beat the battery life with all of the above. A good choice in my opinion. But in reality, i'm sure 99.9% of people would agree that any ROM for the D2/DX would be better than stock.

I only ran Fission on my D2 before going to the rooted GB leak, then to a ROM for the DX (on my D2--didn't work so well :p), but now i'm running ZombieStomped 1.2, and it's pretty nice. Waiting for ZS 1.3. New features are always fun :D

Last edited: