whats the best place to shop for accessories in person??

LJH

Reaction score
I'm patiently (not really :icon_evil:) waiting for my new droid x to ship and I was wondering if anyone has some suggestions for me. I am looking at all the awesome accessories available like cases, docks, mounts and so on. Where would be some good stores to visit to get a first hand look at all these items and maybe try hem out on an actual droid x?? I know I want a case, but its hard to choose by online pics alone. Any suggestions would be appreciated. dancedroid

Akita

Reaction score
Amazon and to a lesser extent, Ebay. You get butt raped by going to Verizon. The only accessory I bought there was the "carbon fiber" silicone case because I needed one immediately and I got a discount from them.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Best Buy is a good choice, but the best cases and accessories will be found online, Seidio and Otterbox are the best online places

OP
L

LJH

Reaction score
Amazon and to a lesser extent, Ebay. You get butt raped by going to Verizon. The only accessory I bought there was the "carbon fiber" silicone case because I needed one immediately and I got a discount from them.

do you like ths case? I dont want one that gets stuck in my pocket and pulls everything out with it. I think i want a good plastic one, but not to thick. Seidio surface is a front runner but I'm a little hesitant becace everyone my wife and I had for our droids broke.

Last edited:

Akita

Reaction score

do you like ths case? I dont want one that gets stuck in my pocket and pulls everything out with it. I think i want a good plastic one, but not to thick. Seidio surface is a front runner but I'm a little hesitant becace everyone my wife and I had for our droids broke.
Yeah the case is fine and suits my needs. Doesn't get stuck at all. The only downside is that the volume rocker and camera buttons are covered with nubs that aid in depressing those buttons. Take a look:
img_1296.jpg

For the volume rocker, it's not that bad but I ended up getting a box cutter and cutting out the nub around the camera button. I could probably cut away some more but I have it so I can get a finger nail to press on the button. Other than that, I like the case. I would try that on first before buying to see if those nubs would be an issue.