Whats happened to HDMI out?

tmal2

Reaction score
I've noticed that none of the new phones coming out have HDMI out on them anymore. I've got a Razr Maxx that I'm looking at replacing and was looking at the new Droid Maxx but I'm concerned about the lack of HDMI out. I'm a boater and have a TV on my boat. I connect my Razr Maxx to my TV with a Micro HDMI to HDMI cable and watch Netflix when I'm on the. I'd hate to give that up but also realize that my Maxx won't last forever.

Does anyone know of any new phones that do have HDMI out?

kaylesworth

Reaction score
S4 has HDMI out but you have to get the MHL adapter. Works great. I use it every day to watch Netflix

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

OP
T

tmal2

Reaction score
S4 has HDMI out but you have to get the MHL adapter. Works great. I use it every day to watch Netflix

How's the battery life on the S4? I've gotten my choices narrowed down to the S4 or the Droid Maxx. Battery life is very important to me so I'm leaning towards the Droid at this point. I'm checking into push 2 TV to see if that will do what I'm looking for with the Maxx.

Thanks for your input

kaylesworth

Reaction score
Stock battery would last all day. Got the extended battery from Seidio and I'm at 60% when I get home @ 9pm

wcjeep

Reaction score
HDMI on the phone means royalty fees to Intel. Off setting the cost to consumer helps the bottom line. The issue is how many people actually connect the phone to a TV? Most people I know rarely use the phone to its full potential.

xtor

Reaction score
I've noticed that none of the new phones coming out have HDMI out on them anymore. I've got a Razr Maxx that I'm looking at replacing and was looking at the new Droid Maxx but I'm concerned about the lack of HDMI out. I'm a boater and have a TV on my boat. I connect my Razr Maxx to my TV with a Micro HDMI to HDMI cable and watch Netflix when I'm on the. I'd hate to give that up but also realize that my Maxx won't last forever.

Does anyone know of any new phones that do have HDMI out?

The note 2 does hdmi out if you buy the adapter cord.

sent from a note yee (2)

OP
T

tmal2

Reaction score
Thanks for the input everyone. Has anyone ever used Push 2 TV? I'm wondering how good it really works