What's a good screen protector?

ngt

Reaction score
I keep reading about screen protectors that don't fit or get bubbles etc. I don't want the glass hard ones. I'm looking for a this layer that it for scratch prevention mainly.

Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Any reason against tempered glass? I have the intelliarmor I stalled on my 6p. You can't tell it's there.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

OP
ngt

ngt

Reaction score
Any reason against tempered glass? I have the intelliarmor I stalled on my 6p. You can't tell it's there.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I haven't used it in a couple of phones. Maybe it's thinner/better now. My last on (only one) was stiff and thick. I hated it. So, just going off of old past experiences.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I just put on a Spigen GlastR on an iPhone 7 and am very jealous that they don't make one for the Google Pixel. It's super thin, especially compared to what I've seen/used in the past.

I have this cheap brand on my Pixel now and have already asked for a refund. The first screen protector cracked while trying to install while I was working out a bubble near the edge, so I emailed their support and immediately gave me a refund. I just threw the second one on and the edge isn't resting on the phone at all. YooTec, stay away from that brand, even though it got good reviews on Amazon, I wouldn't trust it anymore.

I've used the thinner non-glass screen protectors and I definitely can't go back to those no matter how many good reviews it gets. Nothing better than a glass screen protector so I either opt for that or just use the device naked.

silverfang77

Reaction score
The one that came with the phone.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Since the top and bottom edges of the LG V20 is slightly curved, most tempered glass screen protectors I've seen don't cover the entire screen unfortunately, The ones that do have some rainbow effect in the middle according to Amazon reviews.

I've read that the Spigen one is pretty good but also doesn't cover the entire screen.

I went with a a regular screen protector that is wet application. So far I'm liking it. Covers the entire screen and it doesn't attract fingerprints.

It's by ArmorSuit - LG V20 Case Friendly Screen Protector, ArmorSuit MilitaryShield Lifetime Replacements - Anti-Bubble Ultra HD Screen Protector for LG V20 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JU43FQ2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_mW5pyb3Q36DGV

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk