whats a good app for....

Ridley

Reaction score
Keeping track of hours and materials. Sometimes I work on two or more projects a day and I would like something to keep track of hours and supplies and then just email it to my boss at the end of the week.

Thanks

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
A notepad app or even an email that you keep in your drafts folder are some of the simplest ways. Have you ever used a spreadsheet? There are apps in the market or you can use google docs online. In the stock browser you can edit spreadsheets but not make new ones. You could use a different browser, like dolphin with use agent set to desktop/computer to make and edit spreadsheets.

OP
R

Ridley

Reaction score
I did find a free time clock app in the market that sort of suits my needs, it's not 100% what I wanted, but I may be able to change my expectations based on what it does do.

jgumphress

Reaction score
You could get DataViz Documents to Go and set up a true Microsoft Excel spread sheet in it. I do that for my expense report and send it in each week from my Droid. That way they can read it directly off their email.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
You might need a couple of apps to capture both your time and expenses. TimeClock - Time Tracker, for example, captures billable hours. There is a whole host of "expense tracking" apps, some of which attach photos of receipts.

Take a look at Find great Android apps and games - AppBrain and search for time tracking and expense tracking.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I did find a free time clock app in the market that sort of suits my needs, it's not 100% what I wanted, but I may be able to change my expectations based on what it does do.

Not gonna share what the app name is?

crspang

Reaction score
How about Google docs? Set up a spreadsheet that your boss can view.

I'm not sure if Google docs works with the Droid though. I may try it later today.

OP
R

Ridley

Reaction score

Not gonna share what the app name is?
It's called Android Time Card i think. It's able to basically to what I need it to as you can add any description of the work to it so I can just itemize my materials in that field.

wernst

Reaction score
I rely on GBAHours from the market. It costs a few dollars, but there's a trial version you can check out for free. I emailed the developer some serious ideas, and they were put in within a week or two.

Highly recommended.

-Warr