What would you do?

shortie43506

Reaction score
I love my Rezound. I have only had a couple issues. One was data loss and that turned out to be a problem with a tower in my area. The second problem is my phone doesn't always ring when someone calls. I will get voicemails, but not missed call notifications. I called customer service and they suggested I swap my phone with a new one under the 14 day deal. Should I swap if I'm having issues already? Also, do you think Verizon will charge me the $35 restocking fee since I'm exchanging my phone because of a problem with my specific device not dislike of the phone? I just know they will try to duplicate my call issue and it doesn't happen every time.

Confused

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

combatmedic870

Reaction score
i dont think they will charge you if you are having a problem with the device. as long as you can show them the problem, or call tech support and you have documentation for the problems.
what are you swapping it for?

OP
shortie43506

shortie43506

Reaction score
I just want another Rezound. I love the phone besides the call issue I mentioned.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
.. then go get a brand new one! ive took back one rezound and got a brand new one. call tech support and them classify it DOA and it will take you 5 mins in verizon. bring everything that came with your phone including the sim. they will trade it out.

warnette

Reaction score
.. then go get a brand new one! ive took back one rezound and got a brand new one. call tech support and them classify it DOA and it will take you 5 mins in verizon. bring everything that came with your phone including the sim. they will trade it out.
I agree. You purchased this phone, you should get a fully functioning phone. I see it as a warranty thing.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
They won't charge you if you're exchanging the phone for the same model. That's only if you're doing a different model.

Personally I say go for it.

Why?

You're still within your time frame. There really is no harm done, AND if your new one does the same thing you might want to get a different model. A WHOLE lot easier to do while you're in your grace period.

OP
shortie43506

shortie43506

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I guess I will head to Verizon after work.

305rev305

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I guess I will head to Verizon after work.

get a new one. They can't charge you within the 14 days. If you wait after too long they'll give you a refurbished

Last edited:

hatchin

Reaction score
I had a bad Bionic and they just took my 4G card out of my phone and put it into the new phone and it was instantly activated and there was no fee for an exchange. They only charge the fee if you are not getting another phone at all when you return the phone. I was done and out of the store is 5 minutes.

OP
shortie43506

shortie43506

Reaction score
Verizon wouldn't replace mine. I pay good money and they give me defective devices.

didiwags

Reaction score
Verizon will replace it if you have problems with it!!! Try another store or call customer service!!!

idiotekniQues

Reaction score
i was really holding out for the nexus but picked up the rezound today. really nice phone. i kind of like having the capacitative buttons when ICS comes out and i wouldnt want a phone any bigger width or height wise either. i also like having an sd card slot as i would like to start keeping lots of music on my phone utilizing the extended battery. i will check out the nexus of course but good chance i will keep this.

not really into beats audio as i have a pair of ultimate ears triple.fi's and i dont believe in processed music, but the included headphoens are nice enough and they have a built in mic. which is nice.

idiotekniQues

Reaction score
another thing is speakerphone/ringer volume. reports say the nexus has low volume. it's a huge pet peeve of mine and loud volume is very important to me. the rezound is strong in this category also.

OP
shortie43506

shortie43506

Reaction score
I was told I could get it replaced for no real reason if I wanted to by customer service and if it was a technical problem they would replace it for free...no restocking fee. Verizon told me that customer service just says that just to get you in the store. He couldnt duplicate the problem so he said if it happened again they may replace it....I'm not happy at all!!