What would i change about my droid 4 thread

tdpolo26

Reaction score
So besides the bootloaders, and the battery what would u change
Hey who knows maybe moto will read this thread and make the droid 5 out of these ideas.....rolf lmao

I really think a neat improvement would be a finger print scanner on the side or top of the phone (like on my hp laptop)..... i know it isnt the be all end all of security but it would be much better then FACE UNLOCK..i saw a video of a kid unlocking it with mr potato head (either very poor secruity or his father was from idaho)

amishdude01

Reaction score
It would be cool if you could change the brightness and an on/off switch for the keyboard lights.Maybe this option will be on the ICS update? Other than that, I cant really think of anything else.

Htown315

Reaction score
I'd make it a little thinner and use a higher quality screen. Other than that it feels great in the hand and the keyboard is pretty much perfect. 10 times better than my D3(I hate that damn phone lol)

OP
T

tdpolo26

Reaction score
I'd make it a little thinner and use a higher quality screen. Other than that it feels great in the hand and the keyboard is pretty much perfect. 10 times better than my D3(I hate that damn phone lol)

yeah better screen is def important....

hey do you guys remember the sony Glasses that had two tv's in them. they should bring those back ..... who cares about a screen if your phone can display it on a pair of glasses and effectively give you a movie theater in the privacy of your own office or bathroom or for me its one in the same.

LadyHottShott

Reaction score
So besides the bootloaders, and the battery what would u change
Hey who knows maybe moto will read this thread and make the droid 5 out of these ideas.....rolf lmao

I really think a neat improvement would be a finger print scanner on the side or top of the phone (like on my hp laptop)..... i know it isnt the be all end all of security but it would be much better then FACE UNLOCK..i saw a video of a kid unlocking it with mr potato head (either very poor secruity or his father was from idaho)

ROFL @ Father from Idaho! Good one! ;)

fingaz

Reaction score
I would make it thinner and lighter. After playing with he Razr, I was hoping the D4 was going to be more like it. But with the keyboard, it will always be bigger. And coming from a phone with physical send and end buttons.... I would like to see them come back. I am not a fan of the 'no physical send and end keys' and it is def taking some time to get used to.

B-Unit

Reaction score
Not a deal breaker as we have MicroSD to fall back on, but I would have like to seen more of our flash memory available as general storage.

Although, I say that today, next year 8GB of app storage might be too little.:blink:

fingaz

Reaction score
Not a deal breaker as we have MicroSD to fall back on, but I would have like to seen more of our flash memory available as general storage.

Although, I say that today, next year 8GB of app storage might be too little.:blink:

That's true. I did't think of that. As everything gets faster/better, apps will be larger in size.

I will say, though.. Thanks to Google Music, I don't really need any space at all. about 99% of my music is on the "cloud" and I only have some good songs downloaded. its pretty sweet.

B-Unit

Reaction score
Yea, I need to get off my rear and upload my music. Signed up for the beta and never bothered with it. Kinda sad actually. But I dont actually listen to music on my phone that much, so...

kbeefy

Reaction score
Power button. This one sticks, and is difficult to access with a cover installed. I really miss the trackball from my previous phones (G1 and Nexus), it was very easy to wake the phone up with.

RoninX

Reaction score
Switch the screen to RGB stripe (either LCD or SAMOLED+).

Vanilla ICS.

And one minor nit: Get rid of the CAPS LOCK, and add a right SHIFT key.