What version of Fission for D2G?

TomRep

Reaction score
Hey all! I tried flashing Fission to my wifes global earlier this week. The download I got was for 2.2.1 full paid version. I flashed it to her phone and I could not get airplane mode to turn off. I now have the phone in my hands (hard to do with her phone) and would like to flash the right version to get it working. I was over on the Fission website and can't find the proper link for a working version on the D2G. If anyone can help me out I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
Tom

Scan1on

Reaction score
download the fission rom manager and update from there... 2.4.3 fixes that issue and is the latest one out and works great.

OP
T

TomRep

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. I did that using the password I had gotten earlier in the week. Go into downloads and open it and it goes to a white screen that says HTMLViewer at the top. I assume I. going to have to reinstall the Fission 2.2.1 version on the phone and go into the ROM manager that way?
tom

Scan1on

Reaction score
and you dont need the full version to update your phone fully, if its not working try the LITE version that is also on that page... theres options to download the update only and download for the full install... download the update only, wipe data and cache just to be safe and you should be good to go

OP
T

TomRep

Reaction score
I did download the manager to the phone! lol However, it's not giving me anyway to install it that I can find. Do I have to do a reboot after its downloaded? I can find the file in the downloads but it doesn't open to anything.
tom

Scan1on

Reaction score
hahah i figured, well what you gotta do is hit fission 2.4.3... itll download it (id turn on your wifi bc its large) then hit it again to add it to the install queue

Scan1on

Reaction score
if you still cant figure it out heres a crazy good video that will guide you through the process of a clean fresh install.

[video=youtube;wHz8zqYKs4w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHz8zqYKs4w[/video]

and id recommend getting launcher pro its way faster than the stock fission launcher.

OP
T

TomRep

Reaction score
Ok sweet. I'm working on it now. I forgot I have to reload bootstrap on her phone first. Ill update with how I make out. Thanks bud!
Tom

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
T

TomRep

Reaction score
Okay, got 2.4.3 installed and running. I'm now installing the update for 2.4.3. I notice there is a hotfix for the D2G that allows Fission to read the SIM card. Do I need to install this or is that in the 2.4.3 update? Also, the phone seems to be sluggish. The rom didn't really speed anything up. Is this normal? I'm comparing this to a DX running Liberty 1.0 and overclocked 1250MHz so I kow it won't compare to that. But it just didn't seem to pick any speed up like I was hoping it would.
tom

Scan1on

Reaction score
the sim is for global capability only... get launcherpro from the market, adjust the settings to the fastest of everything (theres lots of them) and youll notice a huge improvement. I have my d2g UNDERCLOCKED to 800 mhz to save battery and its still faster than any other phone ive seen.

Scan1on

Reaction score
all the settings i was talking about are located in advanced settings in launcherpro.. these are what i have checked:

elastic scrolling
high quality scrolling
hit minimum scrolling speed, set to 100
hit opening speed (for both app drawer and apps), set to 10

and you should be good

OP
T

TomRep

Reaction score
Okay great, I will give that a try. Thanks a lot for all your help today, I really appreciate it!
Tom
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App