15 Year Fedora Linux user, questions about D2G and Fission Rom

OP
S

stani

Reaction score
Got some time off, gonna do this. One question though, I already rooted with z4 root. Do you I need to unroot and go commando-line, or can I just install the Fission Rom Manager from here? Thanks

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Personally I would not go with the rom manager method of install. I havent tried it so i am not bashing it, but if your like me, and i think you are, you like to know whats going on. Download the rom zip to your sdcard. Keep root, install the droid 2 bootstrap from the market. It costs a couple bucks but well worth it. Launch it, click bootstrap recovery. Allow root access. Now click Reboot recovery. You will boot in to clockwork recovery. Now use the camera button to confirm and power button to cancel/go back. First choose the wipe data/factory reset option. Now choose flash zip from sdcard. Now browse to you rom zip file, select it, and flash it. When its all done, choose reboot and your good to go.

The rom manager might work just fine but I prefer this method because this way I know exactly what steps were taken and ensure I did everything right.

60lpsdf250

Reaction score
Personally I would not go with the rom manager method of install. I havent tried it so i am not bashing it, but if your like me, and i think you are, you like to know whats going on. Download the rom zip to your sdcard. Keep root, install the droid 2 bootstrap from the market. It costs a couple bucks but well worth it. Launch it, click bootstrap recovery. Allow root access. Now click Reboot recovery. You will boot in to clockwork recovery. Now use the camera button to confirm and power button to cancel/go back. First choose the wipe data/factory reset option. Now choose flash zip from sdcard. Now browse to you rom zip file, select it, and flash it. When its all done, choose reboot and your good to go.

The rom manager might work just fine but I prefer this method because this way I know exactly what steps were taken and ensure I did everything right.

Agreed. If I had it to do over I would follow this exact methodology. I hadn't figured this out until I had already used FRM. I have updated to follow this for future use.

Sent from D2G using DroidForums app.

carbanm

Reaction score
I had a droid 1 that I soft bricked 6 or 7 times, as well as bricking/bootlooping my droid 2 global, and can confirm that the sbf will unbrick the D2G. Also, hoping for gb soon.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

60lpsdf250

Reaction score
I had a droid 1 that I soft bricked 6 or 7 times, as well as bricking/bootlooping my droid 2 global, and can confirm that the sbf will unbrick the D2G. Also, hoping for gb soon.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Do you mean the TBH SBF? If so, this is very good news/information. I have asked but no one has said it as succinctly. Thank you.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Do you mean the TBH SBF? If so, this is very good news/information. I have asked but no one has said it as succinctly. Thank you.

As long as your phone isnt truly bricked, or you have the common flaw of letting the battery be to drained to SBF, and the phone will not take a charge, the SBF will fix anything you throw at it. The battery thing can be fixed with a battery only charger though.

leobg

Reaction score
battery thing could be as well overcome using special flashing cable - it is a special USB cable that is modified to supply power to the phone for the flashing process. You don't even need battery at all. Word is TBH has got some of these cables for those interested.