What to get after a Droid X2?

texastreat

Reaction score
I need to look at a new phone for my dying Droid X2. What should I look at that would allow me to transfer/keep my apps from Google Play? I have an unlimited data plan so I want to buy something outright so I can keep it. I don't have to buy the latest toy but just need something newer> ( like my Droid X2 which I happen to like a lot) Thanks

If you like Motorola., you could check out the Og Razr max... Good phone and great battery life for around 200 or so on eBay...

Sent from my rooted droid razr using Tapatalk 4 beta

I need to look at a new phone for my dying Droid X2. What should I look at that would allow me to transfer/keep my apps from Google Play? I have an unlimited data plan so I want to buy something outright so I can keep it. I don't have to buy the latest toy but just need something newer> ( like my Droid X2 which I happen to like a lot) Thanks

If you really like the Droid X2 and don't need 4G, why not get another one? They are available all over Ebay for $50-$70. I have bought 2 from Chubbiestech and both were in great condition with virtually flawless screens. I've been using one for several months and rooted the other and installed Eclipse 2.3 on it. I'll switch over to the rooted phone and keep the other as a spare.

BTW, I use Page Plus and it's way cheaper than Verizon with no contracts.

I just switched from the X2 to the galaxy 4 and am glad I did.

The 4g is like night and day. I used the speedtest app and was getting at best 2-3 mb download and 1mb upload on the x2.
On galaxy im getting 15-20 mb down and have had up to 15 upload.

I use phone as a hotspot so Im loving it. I connected my nephews ps3 to it and could play black ops 2 online with no issues or lag.

I bought it straight out full pop like your thinking to keep my unlimited and just fyi ended up being about $695 all together. But worth it as ive used 1.5 gigs since friday playing with it

As for apps, all you do is log in to google play and go to my apps and you can re-download and install anything you have bought/used. They are all on a list

Expect 4G phone to use alot more data. To save some money check out the S3. With the S4 newly out prices typically drop for last years model. I recently played with the S4. It was slightly faster and screen was nicer than my S3. However, not worth it for me to upgrade. Motorola is rumored to have the "X Phone" coming in a month or so. Could depress prices of the Razr Maxx HD.

Back