Upgrade Transfer

smileboot

Reaction score
Hi all wondering if someone here with verizon experiece could answer a couple of questions for me.

So here's the setup:
Line 1: DROID X2 with Unlimited - Upgrade Available
Line 2: DROID X2 with Unlimited - Upgrade Available
Line 3: Feature Phone - Upgrade Available

So....
I want to upgrade 1 (or both) of my Droid X2's. However I don't want to retain my Line 3 (i have no use for it anymore and want to ditch it).

I know its possible to transfer an upgrade to another line and have the contract apply to the donor line(yay 2 year lock in for UDP). However what I can't figure out is how to use/initiate that donation of an upgrade to a line that already has its own upgrade.

So if anyone with experience with this kind of thing could give some advice it would be greatly appreciated.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
i understand what you are saying but dont understand the point of it.

line 1 and 2 cant use an upgrade by any means, or you will loose your unlimited data.
you could use an upgrade on line 3 then transfer the phone to either 1 or 2 if you wish, but there will be a new contract applied to line 3.
the only other way to keep unlimited on line 1 and 2 is, buy a new phone out rite or from an online site like Swapa, then put it on line 1 and/or 2.

when i buy new phones, i wont even give them my account information until the sale of of my new phone is completed on a generic store account, so there is no way they can screw up my unlimited plan.