What to do first after rooting?

Dr Fatsides

Reaction score
So I'm gonna be doing the one-click root soon. I've been so concerned about the root process that I haven't thought much about what to do after it's rooted.

I mean, I know some stuff I'd like to try (different ROM, freeze bloatware, overclock, adblock, screenshots, full backup, etc), but is there any particular order that I should do stuff in? The way I understand it, a new ROM seems like it would be the first thing to try. Does the ROM need to already be on the phone?

Plus, I'm not sure how the phone will act or look after it's rooted.

Any advice?

TIA

Dr Fatsides

creaky

Reaction score
First downlaod titanium backup and back up all your apps. Then, depending on what version of android you are rooting, get one of Koush's bootstrapper apps and make a nandroid backup. This way if anything goes wrong later on you can restore that backup. For sure do this before installing any custom roms.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

milski65

Reaction score
All the info our here and all the possibilities you have available after you root can seem overwhelming. There's no way to explain everything in a single thread (much less 50). Take your time. READ! droidmodderx.com has many great video tutorials on how to do flash (install) many great roms. I always reference it. Always rememeber full charge on battery before flashing. And I'd seriously suggest you google 1kds linux cd and burn a copy of it. You need to be able to sbf if youget into problems with a particular flash. Again, read up. And don't panic. Many great people here to help you out of any situation. Enjoy.